~Chapter 13~

"I thought I heard you in here." James said while walking into the room. He had a towel draped over his shoulder while wearing shorts with half damp hair.

He smirked seductively while walking over to me. I took notice to the pair of loose shorts that, once again, hung low around his waist. Why must he tease me this way.I thought to myself. His chest and stomach looked as if he worked out faithfully. He had well toned skin that had drips and streams of water droplets slowly falling between his sculpted lines. He looked so tempting....that I wanted to fully submit in front of him.

I casted my eyes down as he got closer to me. Once he approached me, I couldn't help but look up at him. His scent filled my lungs. The strong woodsy-cinnamon scent had me wanting to place my head on his chest and breathe it in all night long.

"Is there something you needed?" He asked breaking the silence. He then slid the towel from his shoulder and tossed it in a hamper across the room.

"I.... I...." In that moment of me stuttering, I was at a complete loss of why I came. "Shit I can't believe I forgot...." I panicked while looking down. A few seconds passed before I remembered. "I wanted to thank you for the bath and tell you goodnight." I mentioned while continuing to look down and nervously fiddling with my fingers.

James chuckled. "Your welcome. The bath salt I added helps me with my muscle soreness after work outs. So I hope it helped soothe your body as well."

"It did. I don't feel as limited to certain movements now, or pressure." I said optimistically with a slight shrug smiling off to the side.

"That's good, but I'm still taking you to go see the doctor tomorrow. I want to be certain your okay."

The last part James said felt heartfelt. He looked me in my eyes tenderly and gently grasped my chin as he spoke. I felt my heart flutter and goosebumps flush over my skin as I felt the sincerity in his words. A slight blush appeared on my skin.

"You know you look 10 times cuter when you blush beneath my gaze." James remarked in a low tone.

As I looked into James eyes, I felt a magnetic pull that urged me to kiss him.

I instantly fought the idea of kissing him due to not knowing if he would want that. Not to mention, I didn't know know if he'd pull away again. I definitely didn't want to embarrass myself again.

Just then, I could hear the slight pitter-pattering of rain droplets on James' large windows.

He instinctively walked over to them and glanced between his large deep red curtains. "I didn't know it was going to rain tonight." He stated. "From the look of the sky it looks like a storm will occur soon." He said as he closed the curtain back.

It wasn't until James said he thought a storm would occur made me jumpy. I've never liked storms. It's a fear I developed from my childhood. My father used to beat me and it always seemed like he did his worse when it was raining hard and storming outside. His reasoning to beat me stemmed from the anger and pain from being a single parent with the embarrassment of having a submissive gay son. I never told anyone of the trauma my father inflicted on me. I had only escaped him when I drugged him and had him sign my papers to release me from his custody to be free. I decided to run away and found myself a small motel to live out of with the money I stole from him as well. After 2 days of job hunting, I came to work at "Sarah's Café." Weeks later I took another job at "Chained Fantasies" and stayed put in my living situation for about a year.

It wasn't until I felt Tyson's nose bump my hand and heard his slight whimpering that snapped me out of my head.

"Hey,you okay?" James said guiding my face up to his to look at him.

"I'm okay." I said blinking back my tears.

James released his hand from my face and gave me an unbelieving look.

"I was just thinking of something from my past." I mumbled looking to the side.

For some reason James didn't ask anymore questions. Almost as if he knew I didn't and wasn't ready to tell him anything intimate about my past. I appreciated his decision to not pry.

"Well how about this. I know you probably don't want to be alone right now." James said as he reached out his hand and grabbed mines gently within his. He gave them slight shake as he continued to talk. "How about you stay in my room for the night. I wouldn't try or do anything. Especially since your not officially mines or healed up yet. But only if you want to. I won't force you to stay, but if you do, you can."

Before I knew it I shook my head yes slowly. He was right. I didn't want to be alone. And I believed him when he said he wouldn't try anything.

"Okay." He said softly.

I then followed down behind him as he walked over to his bed. He let me lay on the left side and walked around to the other side of the bed. Only after helping me and asking if I needed anything else. He then turned off the lights. I could hear his foot steps walk to the other side of the bed and lay down.Once he laid down I could hear Tyson's collar charms jingle as he made himself comfy in bed again. After everyone was settled I could hear the rain pick up and slight thunder.

Although I laying in James' bed next to him I still felt scared and alone. I oddly wanted him to wrap his arm around my waist and pull me closer to him. It wasn't until another crack of thunder sounded off that made me jump. It sounded like the cloud that made the heart booming sound was right over the house. My heart began pumping fast as I tried to calm down. I rolled over to face James and was surprised when he started rubbing my arm to soothe me.

"It's only thunder. It's okay." He whispered. I snuggled closer to him as another bass sounding boom ruptured from the clouds again. James then wrapped his arms around my waist and told me it was okay. I oddly relaxed at the sound of his voice and the smell of his scent. I nuzzled my head to his chest and calmed down. It continued to rain and thunder all night long but I didn't jump as much in James's arms. Soon after about 15 minutes, I fell asleep huddled up underneath him. I