~Chapter 55~

~James' Point of view~

As I pulled back into the drive way I gave a defeated and exhausting huff. Although my meeting was beyond boring, I was able to come to an agreement with my company for a new investment. I shut the car off and began making my way to the door.

A day of relaxation was definitely needed with my subs. The past 24 hours had been the most stressful and agonizing period I've ever been through. And to top it off, I have a business party to attend and host in the coming days for the celebration of the anniversary of my corporation. I was definitely out of gas to continue working as hard as I have been.

Upon opening door, Vincent,Noah and Tyson approached me happily for my return.

"Now that didn't take as long as I expected." Blake commented while walking up.

"I tried my best to get it over with as quickly as possible." I replied. "I hope you two were on your best behavior."

"We were master. We stayed indoors for a bit then went for a walk."

I glanced at Blake for his approval. He nodded in agreement to Noah's statement.

"I'll be taking my leave now. I know you probably still have things to do so I'll be on my way. Plus I have some matters to attend to for myself."

I nodded as Blake spoke before his departure. I made sure to let him know of the business party I'll be hosting and invited him. He accepted my invitation and made his way to his car. While doing so, I noticed him looking down the street as a girl could be faintly seen in her garden before closing the front door.

I made my walk back towards the boys ready to hear about their day. I sat on the couch and loosened my tie as they sat on each side of me. Tyson made sure to plop himself in front of us on the floor and began to yawn.

"So where did you two walk?" I questioned with an interested tone.

"Nowhere too far master. Just a few blocks and back to get fresh air." Noah answered.

"Did you enjoy it?" I asked.

"Yes master." He responded with his cute smile.

"We met someone new too." Vincent added.

"Did you now?"

"Yeah. Her name was Marley and she lives a few houses down. She was real nice. She told us she lives with her brother and that their isn't a lot of subs that live in this neighborhood. She even invited us to garden with her sometimes." Noah informed.

"That sounds interesting." I commented with a chuckle. Only my subs could befriend new people and click with them instantly. Plus hearing about this 'Marley' and seeing Blake staring down some girl....definitely made me put two and two together. I'm sure he'll go after her in no time. After ending my internal thought I began to hear Noah's stomach rumble.

"Sorry." He whispered.

"Are you two hungry?"

"A little." Vincent responded. "Master Blake bought us muffins but...could we go out to eat?" He asked with his puppy dog eyes.