~Chapter 54~

~Noah's Point of View~

I stayed silent thinking Vincent was gonna answer, which ultimately he did.

"I wanna take a look outside. Go for a walk to something. We've been cooped up in this house all day."

Blake gave a wavering head nod as if he was battling the request from Vincent.

"Alright then. A stroll it'll be." He answered while clasping his hand together.

I instantly looked at Vincent as I got a bit excited to go out.

"Let go throw something on." Vincent said aloud while hopping off the couch.

I followed him upstairs back to the bedroom wondering if we even had clothes here. We couldn't have. We had just got here last night. Not to mention, neither of us even knew James had another house.

"I'm gonna check the closet for someone to possibly wear. There has to be a change of clothes somewhere for us." Vincent said before walking off. "There's some clothes in here, but they don't not match up to our styles. And on top of that, there's only 3 options. I'll wear this and you and put this on. We have to be sure to remember to have James take us shopping again."

I nodded and made sure to make a mental note of Vincent's suggestion. After throwing on the simple collared long sleeve shirt and cargo style pants, I deemed the outfit put together by Vincent pretty decent. Afterwards we headed back down stairs and out the door.

It was pretty warm with a cool nice breeze. The sun was also shinning bright with fluffy clouds littered in the sky. As we walked down the sidewalk, Blake walked behind us. He made sure we were never too far ahead of him. The neighborhood had quite big houses just about the same size as ours. But because of the large sizes, they were spread apart pretty greatly with big yards all around them. One house in particular caught my attention though. It was a red brick house with a beautiful flower garden out front. When we had walked by it I noticed that even though the glass door was closed, the main door was open behind it.

Soon after my observation, a pretty girl came out of the house. She was dressed in dirty jeans with a short sleeve top and in her hand she help a bottle of water.

Upon noticing us she stopped sipping her water and gave us a confused look. I knew it was probably because she didn't recognize us. After her puzzled look, she gave a welcoming wave.

"She seems nice." Vincent commented while waving back.

"Yeah. And the flowers she's tending to are beautiful from here." I added.

After walking for about 30 minutes we started making our way back to the house. It felt nice to get out for awhile. Plus I knew it was great exercise after being cooped up in the house. Along our walk back home, we saw the same girl outside. But this time she was at her mailbox. She read through numerous envelopes before turning her head and seeing us approach.

She smiled as we got closer.

"Hi."

Vincent was first to speak.

"Hello. Are you two new around here?" She asked.

"Yeah. We live  a few houses down."

"Oh...okay. I only asked because I never seen you two around here before. Welcome to the neighborhood. I'm Marley. Is that guy your dom?"

I knew she was referring to Blake. As he began approaching closer.

"No he's just watching over us while our real don is at work." Vincent replied. "I'm Vincent and this is Noah."

I gave a small wave. I was kinda embarrassed. Seeing Marley up close made me realize how cute she was, plus her kind nature was very enlightening. She looked about 21 and had a slight figure. She smiled while directing her attention back and forth between Vincent and I as he spoke.

"Sadly there isn't a lot of subs that live here, but luckily you two moved in. Maybe sometimes you two can join me in my gardening."

"Sure. Although Noah has the greenest thumbs I've ever come to know."

"What?! Really?!"

I nodded while trying to hold back my growing smile. I didn't expect Vincent  to speak so highly of me. 

"Yeah. I enjoy gardening greatly. It's calming and relaxing."

"Excuse me young lady, but who happens to live here with you?" Blake asked cutting into our conversation. He gazed at Marley with a great attention not breaking eye contact.

"Oh...I...umm...I live here with my older brother. While I'm a sub, I'm not his sub or anything weird that you may be thinking. I stay here as he looks after me until I meet the right dom for myself." She stammered.

Marley took in all of Blake's appearance as she spoke. She looked intimidated yet-intrigued.

"Marley! I thought you were asked to get the mail!"

Just then some woman yelled from the door way of the home. She was dressed in skimpy house dress that was revealing a bit much. Soon after yelling, she began walking towards us. We could see she was holding a wine glass in her hand while a cat like tail hung from below her dress.

"Can't you do anything right?" She sneered as she snatched the envelopes. Marley rolled her eyes annoyingly. "Are you guys new around here?" The woman asked seductively. Although she mentioned us as a group, she stared directly at Blake.

"I'm just watching after these two until their dom gets back. Which...." Blake stopped mid sentence and looked at his watch. "should be soon. We'll be taking our leave now. It was nice meeting you Marley and..."

"Carrie." The woman interjected.

"Yes...Carrie. Maybe next time we meet I'll get the chance to meet your brother and your dom." Blake spoke that last part towards Carrie has a sign of rejection for her flirtatious behavior. She only huffed at his rejection before turning and heading back towards the house. Marley gave a smirk.

"See you two around." She said before returning back to her garden. I waved her a goodbye while catching Blake and her eyes connected for a second too long.

I smiled internally as I got the gist that they probably found each other interesting. Vincent nudged me while smirking at the thought popped in my head. I knew he was thinking exactly what I was thinking.

🦋Author's Note
Hello readers although this chapter was short I hoped you still enjoyed it. I do better at short chapters because I see I do a bit better at publishing sooner.

How do y'all feel about Marley and Blake? If enough people are interested, I might do a sequel about them.

How is everyone feeling about the story as a whole?

I would love genuine opinions about the likeness of my storyline, plot, or characters. I welcome positive feedback and constructive feedback as long as they're aren't too hurtful😅