Chapter 44

~Noah's Point of View~

In the morning I found myself alone in bed. I was still a tad bit upset with Vincent, but I still yearned for his companionship. I lifted myself up and hoisted my legs over to hang off of the bed. I watch my feet dangle a bit before finally getting up. After I brushed my teeth and washed my face, I made my way downstairs.

"Ahh, Good Morning Noah." I heard Sir Birmingham call out. I was a bit surprised that he noticed that I was downstairs already when he didn't see me yet. I was beginning to think this old man was some sort of ninja or something. Especially seeing how he faught yesterday. He was quick and agitative for his age.

"Good...Good morning sir." I stuttered out. I had hoped I addressed him correctly because I didn't want another punishment.

Upon entering the kitchen, I saw Vincent look over to me before speaking up.

"Sir Birmingham, I'm all done now." He said glumly while turning away from me.

"Already?...Alright. Your free to go then."

Without saying another word,Vincent got up and exited the kitchen swiftly with his head down.

I wanted to say something to him as I watched his back when he disappeared towards the living room, but decided not to.

"Here you go Noah." Sir Birmingham announced.

He place a bowl of fruit and toast upon the marble kitchen island for me to eat. I made my way over and began to nibble at the fruit. It wasn't long after that I got full. My stomach was still adjusting to holding and digesting so much food at one time. I didn't want to over do it.

"I'm...I'm finished." I said lowly.

"Hmm..you barely ate anything." Sir Birmingham commented.

"I..I can't eat to much...it makes my stomach hurts when I eat a lot." I confessed.

"Hmm...Alright."

As Sir Birmingham took my left over food, I stood and watched Tyson from the sliding door chase a squirrel up a tree. It was kinda humorous to see him be out smarted by a little creature. And for a split second I thought I seen the squirrel giggle a bit as Tyson huffed as it.

"Is he at it again with that squirrel?" Sir Birmingham asked while chuckling a bit. "Him and that squirrel has been at it for years. It quite amusing."

"For years?" I asked amused.

"Yes. For years. They're like best-friends. Sometimes the squirrel comes down and eats from the feeder we have....riiighttt...over there." He said while pointing to a feeder that's perched on a bird bath. "And sometimes when he drops the seeds and nuts onto the ground, Tyson will sit patiently and wait for him to finish eating before chasing him again. Kinda like them taking a break from playing tag."

I giggled a bit at the thought of Tyson and the squirrel being friends. It was so unusual. I guess Tyson did have a nice side.

As I continued to glance out of the sliding door, I gazed upon all the beautiful flowers. The garden outside was beautiful.

"I was just about to go out and tend to the garden. Would you like to join me?" Sir Birmingham asked. I was a bit embarrassed that he had probably seen the way I admired the garden to ask that.