~Chapter 35~

~Vincent's Point of View~

I tossed and turned in my bed constantly as I felt myself fight off sleep. Too much was running through my head as I tried to sleep. I was too on edge to comfortably relax. I constantly thought about Noah and how I hoped he was okay. Not trying mention I waited impatiently for James. I knew his comfort would help put me at ease.

I continued to twist in turn in bed until I heard the front door shut close.

James! I thought hastily to myself as I jolted up from my bed. I threw the blankets back as I rushed towards my door and down the steps. I had almost tripped over Tyson as I ran down the hall. Once I entered the living room doorway I stopped in my tracks. There stood James holding Noah in his arms as he commanded Sir Birmingham to retrieve items for him and prepare a room for Noah that he referred to as "the boy."

He gently laid Noah on the couch.

I started to slowly approach the couch to see James turn the other way and run his hands through his hair. I figured he didn't notice my presence since he didn't address me yet. As I looked upon Noah's body, I noticed that he was naked and had many marks imbedded into his skin.

Tears slowly started to blur my vision at this sight. I felt as if my chest con-caved in as I seen the terrible condition he laid on the couch. A whimper escaped my mouth I uttered his name.

"Vincent?!" James called towards me with remorse in his voice.

I ran into his arms and began sobbing. Somehow I felt that this was my fault. I felt responsible for Noah's pain. I should've followed him to make sure he was okay. I should've looked for him. So many thoughts ran through my head as I thought of many ways to have saved Noah from this pain.

"It's okay Vince, he'll be okay. I have doctor Bennet coming by to examine him at 7." James said while holding me tight and rubbing my back.

"It's all my fault." I mumbled.

James wiped my tears away while tilting my head up at him. "No Vincent, this was not your fault. The person that did this to him is gone now. He can't hurt him, or anyone, ever again." James said sternly.

As I looked back down at Noah I wished I could take away all his pain.

"I've prepared a guest room sir." Sir Birmingham said while entering the room with Tyson following down behind him.

"Alright." James responded while picking Noah up bridal style. Noah stayed asleep the entire time James carried him. He looked beyond exhausted and absolutely worn out. And his body looked as if it couldn't handle anymore. James place him gently upon the bed and went out of the room for a couple of minutes. I walked up close to the bedside and took Noah's hand in mines. I didn't realize I had started crying again until I heard whines come from Tyson as he bumped his nose and head into my leg. I stayed close by Noah to watch his breathing carefully.

When James returned, he had a pair of small boxers that I knew he took from my room and a t-shirt from his. I wiped my eyes and began to back away from Noah to give James space. He carefully placed the shirt over top of Noah's head and was gentle when pulling his arms through the sleeves. Next, he pulled the blankets back to reveal Noah's private region. I looked down immediately wanting to respect Noah's privacy.

I then heard the blankets being fluffed and when I finally looked up, I seen James covering Noah's body with the comforter.

"Come, let's let him rest. He needs it. And tomorrow I'll have doctor Bennet check him over okay?"

"Okay." I said sadly.

As we exited the room, James left the door cracked as we made our way back upstairs to his room.

For the rest of night I snuggled up close to James. His presence provided me with a bit of comfort. And his words soothes me enough to actually drift off to sleep.

🦋Author Note🦋
Heyy readers💙 I know this chapter was short but I wanted to go ahead and publish this to continue doing double uploads.

But anyways....🥰How are you all liking the story so far? I took this story in a different direction than I originally was so be sure to let me know. I love when I get feedback from you all. And I appreciate those who comment a few times here and there💖💖💖

Ps. If there any questions you have now, since I changed the direction of my story, you can add them here . Any questions you may have for me or any characters, you can add it here. Just make sure you put the character's name then the question you have for them I'll be answering all (as long as I don't get like 100 or more) questions you have at the end of this month.