~Chapter 53~

~Noah's Point of View~

After packing swiftly, James guided us outside to one of his trucks. He didn't speak much during the ride. Although it was quiet, I didn't mind. It gave me alot to reminisce about. Everything that happened today...was just too much. Vincent held my hand during majority of the drive. I'm pretty sure it was because I was looking so out of it while gazing off out of the window.

I currently had no idea where we were going, but nonetheless, I was happy that we were together. Even Tyson was with us. He sat in the back in a big cage on the third row of the expensive truck James decided to drive.

30 minutes into the ride I began getting sleepy. It had been a long day and I was beyond exhausted. Soon enough I felt the truck come to a stop. When I opened my tired eyes we were somewhere surrounded by nature with a beautiful cabin. Off in the distance I could see other big beautiful cabins as well. The atmosphere gave off a warm earthy feeling.

"Come on boys." James whispered in a hushed tone.

I lazily got out of the truck while Vincent was still dozed off. James ended up carrying Vincent. I was a bit jealous and wished James could've carried us both.

Inside the cabin was dark. All until James switched on the lights. Once he did, a cozy vibe arose. After walking through the house and climbing up a large stair case, we finally reached a bedroom. I instantly climbed in and buried myself underneath the blankets. James had gently laid Vincent down beside me. A few seconds later Tyson's collar could be heard jingling down the hall. He entered the room and sat watching James tuck us in. Vincent nuzzled himself closer to me, to which I didn't mind. James then dimmed the ceiling lights down and kissed Vincent and I upon our forehead.

"I'll be right downstairs if you need anything. In the meantime, get some rest." He mumbled softly to me. I happily followed his direction and cuddled closer to Vincent. When the door was finally shut I kept hearing Tyson paws pitter patter along the floor. I guessed it was hard for him to get comfortable without his doggie bed. I slowly saw up and motioned for him to get on the bed. I lightly tapped where a free space was available at the foot of the bed. Tyson must've understood what I was insinuating, because he immediately hopped on the bed and made himself comfy. Not to mention, he was warm as I nuzzled my feet under his belly while underneath the blankets. After getting myself cozy, I relaxed and let my exhaustion consume me.

~James' Point of View~

Making my way back downstairs I was met with Dawson and Zayne both sitting on my couch. They were quiet until Dawson spoke up first.

"Doctor Bennet checked on Blake and he said he's gonna be fine."

Zayne kept his gaze on me as I listened to Dawson. I knew what he was thinking. He probably I believed lost my damn mind to beat Peter to a pulp like that. Not to mention, he had to have some of his men try to clean up the mess.

"Go ahead and say it." I blurted out annoyingly towards Zayne.

He huffed before finally speaking up.

"You know you lost a bit of yourself back there right? You went on a rampage for a couple of seconds. I get that you were protecting your subs, but literally killing him in front of them probably wasn't the best idea." He notated.

"They're fine. And in the end, Peter was gonna die by my hands anyways." I argued with a sneer.

Zayne only shrugged his shoulders. "Fine. Whatever you say. But now that that's over, it's late and I have a sub at home. Lord knows what kinds of mischief he's been up to since I've been gone."