Chapter 8

I was asleep I had fallen asleep with my head in Fives lap. My powers are getting way too strong for me. I could feel someone touching my hair but I'm just assuming that it was Five, he braided my hair a lot when we were younger, it was a way for him to let off stress.

"Maybe I'm not the right person you need to be talking to. Yn and you are obviously close again but if not I used to see this guy."

"Thanks but I'm just going to get some rest. It's been a long time since I've had a good sleep."

"Aww, that was so touching all that stuff about Yn and dad and time. Wow!"

"Shush she will here!"

"Who? Yn or Vanya."

"Vanya you idiot but you did wake me up."

"No, I didn't I'm moist."

"Never say that again."

"Good to see you and five are getting in again."

"I thought I told you to put on something professional."

He's not wrong but I'm wearing a jumper and ripped jeans so I can't talk. Five had let go of the braid when I had woke up but I made a mental note to ask him what was on his mind because it couldn't have just been Vanya. The apocalypse is coming but that couldn't be it either.

"What? This is my nicest outfit."

"Well, then we are going to raid old man jerkasses closet."

"As long as I get paid."

"Wait he's getting paid? Can I get paid to?"

"Saving the world not enough?"

"I mean I understand I live on it but I would still love to get paid."

"We can talk about this later."

"Talk or make out?"

"Klaus!"

"Just so we are clear on the finer details. I just gotta go into this place and pretend to be your dear old dad and your father-in-law, correct?"

"Yeah, something like that."

"What's our cover story?"

"What? What are you talking about?"

"Like was I young when I had you? Sixteen and terribly misguided? Your mother, that slut. Whoever she was. We met at.."

Klaus faltered so I finished the story quick and easy for him.

"The disco and before you say it sure Klaus the sex could have been amazing if you weren't secretly gay but still huge support."

"What a disturbing glimpse into that thing you call a brain and Yn what the fuck."

"You left me with Klaus of course I know what he's thinking."

"The sexual tension is obvious. Don't make me put you both in time out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Like I told your son and his girlfriend before, any information about the prosthetics we build is strictly confidential. Without the client's consent, I simply can't help you."

"Well, we cant get consent if you don't give us a name."

"Well, that's not my prob-"

"If you even finish that sentence not only will this be your problem but so will not being able to breathe."

I had now walked up to the table and thrown my hands on the desktop but I had my left hand over fives right to make it seem like we were a couple.

"Sorry. Now there really is nothing more I can do, so-"