Chapter 5

I was twenty four and still in my sixteen year old body, nobody stayed in touch except for Diego's once a year texts and Klaus asking me to bail him out of jail. I was alone on Christmas once again, everyone had found something more important then me.

"Lady Yn thy would like to go visith Ben and Klaus."

"Okay Jacquie. I need to visit somewhere anyway."

Jacquie leaves me and I get changed. I try to find some spare cash for flowers which isn't hard considering how much I get paid. I look over at the equations on the wall, he has to come back one day. Opening the door I leave the cold empty home and walk down the road to the flower place.

"Daisy's as usual Yn?"

"Yes please Derek."

"You never told me why you buy these flower... You buy them twice a week and though I'm glad it helps business I'm worried for you."

"Don't be."

"Are you always alone on Christmas?"

"Yes..."

"My wife and I well our family can't come but I'm sure she would love to have you over."

I falter. Nobody has ever shown me this much kindness. I didn't know what to say.

"Are you sure?"

"Nobody deserves to spend Christmas alone. I can see in your eyes how much pain you are in."

"Thank you for the offer I think I might take it."

Derek hands me the flowers and his address. I send a soft smile and walk to the cemetery. I walk down lines and lines of tombstones until I get to his. Sitting down tears threaten to fall from my eyes.

"Hey Aaron... It's been a couple days. Merry Christmas and all that bullshit we never really believed in. The guy who helps me replace your flowers, Derek, offered to have me over for Christmas and I accepted. I know big suprise. I don't know what you've been doing but I guess probably not much seeing as your... Dead. Five still isn't back and Allison's more famous than ever. It seems everyone has their life in order by me. I miss you." A tear runs down my cheek as I place my head on his stone. "Why didn't you run when I told you too?"

I lay down the flowers and get ready to leave looking at his stone one more time. Aaron Jackson Harbon. 1997 to 2012. A loving son, brother and friend. I hear a twig behind me break. I spin around bringing fire to my hands but nobody was there, strange.

I was back home putting the finishing touches on my hair when my phone goes off.

"Eight? Are you there?"

"Diego?"

"And Klaus!"

"Yeah him too. We just wanted to say merry Christmas and sorry for leaving you on the holidays."

"Hey it's fine I'm used to it. I hope you two are safe!"

"We are Klaus just fell asleep. Remind me why I'm looking after him again?"

"Because I had to do my job and he's a baby."

"Shit. We have to go but we'll call you tomorrow."

"See you Di."

I hang up and finish getting ready. I look at Derek's address and hop in my car. The ride wasn't very long to my suprise and I sit in the car for a second. Do I really belong here? Well no turning back now. I walk up to the door and knock when a lady opens the door.

"You must be Yn. I'm Linda. Derek told me you were coming. He talks about you a lot. Come on in."

I walk in the house and smile following Linda to the living room.

"You have a lovely house."

"Thank you I decorated it myself."

"You have amazing taste."

"You are to kind my dear. You remind me of someone I knew a while ago. Gorgeous girl. She had the same name and same look. It's as if you were just pulled from the year."

We talked for about 30 minutes when Derek arrived. It was awkward for a while but after an hour we acted like old friends. Dinner was ready and we still couldn't stop joking while we were eating.

"I hope you don't mind me asking but Derek has told me all about you buying flowers from him and I do hope this isn't intrusive but can you tell me why?"

"A friend of mine was... He was shot a couple of weeks ago and he- he didn't make it."

"I'm so sorry dear that must have been heartbreaking."

"It's all my fault."

"Blaming yourself is just going to put you in more pain plus your a sixteen year old what could you have done? Did you and him date?"

"We could have but as the saying goes, sometimes the right person just isn't the one."

"Sounds like you've been heart broken more than once."

"Three times..."

"Or maybe your heart just never healed and that's why after all this time you try to avoid getting attached to people."

"Oh Linda enough with the therapy."

I laugh but something about her words just don't sit right with me. Linda changes the subject to school, how am I going to lie my way out of this one?

"So we've learnt a lot about you but I just can't seem to wonder, whats your major?"

"My major?"

"Yeah do you want to be a scientist or artist. You have the looks for a model. What do your parents say?"

"I don't know them and thank you but I haven't really-"

Gun shots went off and my head shot up. They found me. Linda grabs me and pushes me under the table both of them standing up to face the shooter. If they die it's going to be all my fault.

"Get out of my way mam. We know she's here."

"I don't know who you are talking about?"

Why were they risking there lives for me? I need to help them.

"Maybe this will spark your memory."

The man pulls a gun to her head and my heart stopped. Talking with Linda and Derek made me realise there was still faith for the world and I couldn't be the reason such an amazing couple don't make it.

"Sorry not at all."

Bang. I watch her body fall to the floor her face turning towards me and there it was the bullet shot in the head. I had just lost someone who understood me.

"What about you sir?"

"I don't know who you think you are but you just killed the love of my-"

Bang. Derek falls to the other side of me and I cover my mouth to hide my whimper. Derek and I may not have talked much but we had gotten very close. I just lost one of the only people who didn't think of me as a monster.

"She obviously isn't here but she is a fool to think that she can get away with killing our brother."

The platinum blonde men leave and I check for pulses on the adults. There was none on either. The two people who had offered me everything a girl could ask for were dead and it was all my fault.