chapter 35

It was the first umbrella academy ball and the siblings were all getting ready. Alison was doing Vanyas make up while Yn stood staring at herself in the mirror. Twelve already the years are going quicker and quicker.

"Vain much?"

"Are you talking about yourself again Fivey?"

"Need some help?"

Young Yn smiled as she lifted he hair up for five to get to the dresses zip.

"Thank you."

Yn smiled turning around but laughs when she sees Fives tie in a knot.

"Let me help you with that."

Five watched Yns movements in awe as she tied his tie flawlessly. Their father calls everyone down and Five notices fear flash in yns eyes.

"You okay?"

"I-" Yn stops looking down in embarrassment but Five simply laughs at her. "Stop laughing asshole."

"Come on I'll make sure you don't fall unless I trip you of course."

"I don't know whether to be grateful or worried."

Five laughs at Yns comment while linking arms with her. The two look at each other cheeks flashing brightly but as usual the two were interrupted.

"Yn are you- oh wow you look in great yeah I- d-dad he's w-waiting."

Diego ran off as Yn and five look at each other finding the encounter slightly strange but remembering it's their family things are always strange.

"And here they are now. Number Five and number Eight."

Reginald glared at the two but they paid no attention to busy looking at each other. Someone in the audience pushed forwards pointing at the children on the stair case who were coming down in twos with their masquerade masks going on as soon as they touched the steps.

"You ready?"

"Did I ever mention how much I hate people?"

"You mention it quite a lot." Yn smacked Fives arm and he smiled as they pull their masks up their arms still linked. "You'll be fine trust me."

"What if nobody asks me to dance? What if-"

"Enough Yn you are gorgeous of course someone will ask you."

Yn said nothing only smiling at the boy she so wished would ask for her hand, to dance of course, but alas he said nothing. The pair walked into the ballroom and were amazed by the sight. The colours matched to perfection and everyone who was anyone was there.

It wasn't long till Yn and Five found themselves talking beside the food bar.

"You have an admirer."

"Stop kidding me Five."

"You have a lot more than one. This one just has more guts I think."

Yn watched as Fives face turned more angered and she decided to play along to try and get a reaction out of him.

"Well spill are they cute?"

"How am I supposed to know?"

"So much for being a good wingman."

"You could do better."

"Like you Fivey?"

Five laughed trying to hide his desperate love for yn while she turns around to be face to face with a young blonde boy.

"Hi I uhhhh wanted to knowifyou'lldancewithme?"

"Pardon me?"

"He said would you care to dance."

Fives voice was cold and painfilled but Yn was to busy smiling at the hands in her pockets.

"That's if it's okay with your boyfriend..."

This caused Yn to laugh but as she agreed to have one dance with the blonde boy she felt sad. Why hadn't five asked her? She told the blonde dude that she would be there in a minute and turned to Five who still had his hands in her dress pockets.

"Do you like the pockets!"

"That's what you care about? Some boy asked you to dance and you care about pockets?" Yn raises an eyebrow and Five breaks. "They are so cool! So much room too."

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow?"

"What?"

"May as while dance with the boy all night since nobody else has asked me."

"As I said a whole bunch of guys around the room are looking at you so just... Save me a dance princess."

"I will be nothing lower than a queen thank you very much."

Five laughed as Yn went off but he felt something dig at his stomach, jelaousy maybe? He watched as the boy put his hands on yns waist and Five then understood he had had enough. Five went to leave the room when he felt a hand on his wrist.

"What happened to saving me a dance?"

"I'm sorry it's just..."

Five was cut off by Yn grabbing his hands and placing them on her hip. She swayed with the music as she layed her head on his chest making Fives heart skip a beat.

"I will always pick having a dance with you over some weirdo stranger."

"Thanks Yn."

"Of course Five you're my brother and I love you."

You could hear Fives heart shattering to pieces after that comment but all he could do was agree.

It was time to go to sleep and Yn was a little bit scared that there were so many strangers in the house so she went to the one person she knew would calm her down and knocked on the door.

"Fivey? Five are you awake?"

"No I'm obviously asleep."

Five walked in with no top on and smirked as Yns mouth dropped.

"I can come back if you..."

"Are you scared?"

Yn nodded and Five threw one of his tops at her while throwing another one on him.

"I'm sorry for just dropping in."

"Don't be angel. Just go to sleep okay."

Fives arms wrap around yns waist as she lays her head on his chest both completely unaware of Klaus taking pictures of the two.