Chapter 16

"I hate this. I hate him."

"At least I didn't throw you down a flight of stairs well set on fire."

"You fucking deserved that and it was cold fire too! But a change of subject Allison's trying to break Vanya and some guy up."

"This is why you aren't the leader because you get distracted."

"Both of you shut up. Yn you're in the front."

"What?"

"Goodie."

I give a kiddish clap and jump in the front Five playfully rolls his eyes well Luther complains.

You know I never enjoyed it."

"What?"

"The killing Luther. Are you that daft"

"Yeah. I mean, I was... I was good at my work and I took pride in it..."

"But I never gave you pleasure because you're a good person."

"I think it was all those years alone. Solitude does a lot to one's mind."

"Yeah, well, you were gone for such a long time. I only spent four years on the moon but that was more than enough. It was the being alone that breaks you something only us two can relate to."

I get up and throw open the door then smash the door back on the car the two boys watch Five in shock and possibly a bit of regret whereas Luther was proud of himself.

"Don't bother to tell me when they get here I'll know."

"How?"

"Footprints on earth. Duh."

"Please be safe."

"Whatever."

I walk off down the field when Ben and Jacquie show up. I walk faster trying to avoid them and their 'choose the right option' personalities.

"You can't escape us Yn."

"Thou is right."

"Can you two not."

"We are only helping you."

"Oh yeah by doing what?"

"By being by your side."

"Thou really needs to admit to quinque that thou likes him."

"I do not!"

"It's been obvious since we were kids that you did. You two have a connection."

"Thou is right."

"I remember when you guys were like 14 and we would always catch you together and you guys would always blush."

"I don't blush."

"Not anymore but you did around Five."

"Well, what do you two want me to say. I love him more than I thought I could love anyone but he'll never love me back because I'm a worthless bitch! Is that what you two want to hear."

I wave my hand and both of them leave. Then I turn and walk back to the car knowing that Hazel and Cha Cha were there.

Fives pov

Luther and I were talking about being alone when he decided to take a pick at
Yn which ended up making her storm out and possibly breaking the door.

"And what was that for?"

"She deserved it you saw what she did to me."

"You do realize she was alone most of her life?"

"She had the siblings. Plus she was acting like she knew how it felt to be an assassin."

"She does know how it feels to be forced into that position how else do you think her and Klaus stayed financially stable."

"So she's also a murderer and didn't tell us, great."

"Maybe if you weren't so busy looking at the bad things about her you would be grateful that she kept Klaus alive these past years. Not to mention she saved your dumbass from a chandelier."

"She did that for herself. You are the only one who sees the good in her."

"No, you are the only one who sees the bad."

"You look at her like she's a goddess but she's more like the devil."

"Oh yeah like you and Allison?"

"Yeah but I love- oh."

"Congratulations Luther you caught me. I'm in love with Yn and she doesn't love me back."

Did I just admit that I love Yn? I mean I knew I did but I never saw myself admitting it. She was so perfect compared to me and why would she want to date me?

"If this all goes wrong tell Yn I love her.

The car pulls up and I get out only to feel a hand around my waist, Yn.

"Sorry."

"It's more than fine."

I slip my arm around her waist and she smiles leaning into me more. Luther walks beside us but I tell him to stay knowing only Yn and I can talk to these two without getting hurt.