Chapter 23

The backstory of Jacquie and yn

Yn walked the lonely halls of the academy. Ben was training, Klaus was getting high, Luther and Allison were on a date, Diego was training with Ben, and Vanya was playing the violin for Pogo and grace. The only person she had ever loved more than herself was trapped in an apocalypse wondering why Yn didn't go with him while Yn had hidden anger towards him. She needed someone to talk to. She knocks on Sir Reginald's door asking to come in.

"What is it number eight."

"I wish to go to a cemetery."

"Will this improve your powers?"

"Yes sir."

"Very well and Eight."

"Yes?"

"I know you miss number Five so I'm offering you my condolences. You will have normal training again in two days."

I nod surprised at his kindness but walk down to the cemetery. It was snowing right now and the graves were full of dying flowers, what a shame. One name caught my eyes. Jacquie Saunder. I tap the tombstone and images of the past flood in my mind and I watch every single woman in her family be burned to death for crimes of witchery. This was the friend I needed. I pull out the two journals I had and read the spell of the dead.

"Death the tormentor of my dreams. The reaper smiles down at me. Take thy fatality from out my heart and give to her a living part."

Purple swirls around her tombstone and then it starts to shake. I look around to see nobody only purple and facing back I see, Jacquie?

"thanketh thee for bringing me backeth"

"Of course. It may come at a price but I need friends. I'm Yn Hargreeves."

We walk through the gates of the academy and see father and Pogo.

"Who is this Eight?"

"I bethought thy nameth wast yn. Who is't is eight?"

"My name is Yn father calls me Eight. This is Jacquie. She died years ago but I brought her back."

"There will be consequences to your actions."

"I know but I needed a friend. Can she stay in my room?"

"Fine but only because this is a huge step in your powers."

We walk up the stairs and Jacquie jumps on my bed but then looks at a picture.

"Who is't is that gent?"

"That is Five, he was my best friend."

"Didst that gent kicketh the bucket?"

"No, he escaped from this place."

Yn and Jacquie were inseparable after that. At some point, some people could have sworn they dated but that was unknown. Jacquie always helped Yn through her family and she also became very close with Klaus since Yn was always helping him. It was funny how Klaus had Ben to look after him and Yn had Jacquie. Klaus and Yn were just two broken people who can talk to the dead.

Back to apocalypse time.

Five was waking Yn up. It had only been an hour since he saw her but they needed to talk.

"Yn wake up."

"Why won't you leave me alone."

"Why won't you stop playing with my feelings."

"I'm not."

"So you kissed me but feel no emotions towards me whatsoever. I thought you liked me back."

"No, you don't get to blame me. I have been there for you your whole life and don't you dare say the apocalypse because you brought that on yourself! You left me without a second of doubt so never say I didn't care about you because all I have been doing is looking after you! You do understand I didn't have to help you stop the apocalypse? I have a family that I could have gone home to!"

I wasn't lying. I had found my birth mother when I was meant to turn 20 and it turned out she had two kids. Of course, I didn't know that until after I had killed her. Now I go by and check up on her third husband and kids, they were the family I never got and they treated me like I was there everything. I wonder how they are going.

"You told me it was fine..."

"Because I knew you would do it anyway! And now what makes it even worse is that you come back a big of an asshole as usual and shit on Klaus and everyone else on this family all because-"

He cut me off with a kiss but falters back when he gets no response.

"I'm sorry."

"You didn't think a kiss was going to fix this, did you?"

He goes to leave but I grab his wrist pulling him into a hug.

"It worked, this time."

"I have to take Delores back."

"Why? She's like the only thing keeping you together."

His arms wrap around my waist and he pulls me onto the bed.

"Because she made me realize that she is you. I based her off you and now that I have you I don't need her. She's happy that she could keep me safe these past years but she says she's even happier that we finally have a chance."

"She is a very wise mannequin."

Five had left and Diego was now dragging me with Klaus following Ape face to... the room. This room was where Reginald used me to try and find Five. Let's just say my mind power doesn't work through time, yet.

"You locked up our sister because you think she has powers."

"I don't think I know. Pogo told me. He and dad have always known."

"Why would they hide this from us? I mean am I the only one who didn't know this place existed?"

"I did. And you need to let her go. You are doing the same thing Reginald did to me and it's only going to make her mad. You may be afraid but she doesn't know how to control her power. Just let me help her, teach her."

"If you are right then she killed Peabody."

"slit Allison's throat and threw you into the wall."

"We had it coming."

"This is Vanya we are talking about. The one who cried when we stepped on ants as kids."

"I know it's hard to accept."

"It's impossible."

"No he's right we can't keep her locked up without proof."

"What proof do you need?"

"Why don't we open the door and ask her "

"She's not going anywhere."

"Then I'm going in."

Luther throws me back into the wall almost knocking me out. Why does everyone want me against a wall and unconscious? I feel someone pull me up and look to watch Allison leave and I try to make my way back to Vanya again only to be thrown towards Klaus who looked at Vanya with pain only someone who could relate to would show.

"She just needs help and you are stopping her from getting that."