Chapter 32

"Do you really think dads going to help?"

"You were his favorite so maybe."

"He loved you too."

"He didn't love anyone. He loved the thought of having powers."

"That's not true Yn."

"Why do you choose to stick up for that monster?"

Five stayed quiet showing Yn she had won the argument. The fact Five could stick up for such a terrible man scared her a bit.

The siblings hop into a car driving to the address of an abandoned building. This shocked Diego and Five but made Yn laugh, of course, her father had to make it so secretive.

"This is it."

Yn and Five nod following Diego to the door of the academy and watch Diego fail to unlock a door. Yn looks at Five who looked slightly scared. Diego had obviously noticed it too choosing to speak up on the subject.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, fine."

"How longs it been since you've seen the old man?"

"45 years."

"That's a trip."

"No kidding. You know when I was stuck out there in the apocalypse there wasn't a day that went by where I didn't hear his voice in my head."

"What was he saying?"

"I told you so."

"Well if dad's here he's never met you before so he can't say I told you so."

"He'll find a way. Now move."

Yn pushes Diego out of the way and takes a Bobby pin from her hair.

"Oh yeah so original like that's going to work."

It worked first try. Yn stuck her tongue at Diego and walked into the room setting her hand on fire for light.

"Guess dad wasn't much for home decor."

"It's more like a front ya know. If I was scheming asshole I wouldn't be so out in the open."

"You and dad are quite alike."

This comment made Yn scoff and storm off. Five followed her which made her even angrier because Diego and him were obviously hiding something.

"Yn he didn't mean it like that."

"Whatever just check the rooms."

"Did I do something?"

"I don't know Five did you?"

"That doesn't answer-"

He was cut off by Yn slamming a door. The room she had stormed into had broken dolls scattered across the room, fun.

"Found Delores's long-lost family."

"Yn you never answered-"

"What are you and Diego hiding from me?"

"What? We aren't hiding anything."

"Okay be like that then."

Yn went to look into another room when she felt Fives' arm on her wrist pulling her back towards him. He smiles and goes to wrap his arms around her properly but she just shadow jumped out of his arms and to the first door.

"What the fuck Yn!"

"What?"

"Don't what me I just tried to hug you and you left."