Chapter 27

28th of September 1963

The blue surrounding me dies and I fall around 8 feet to the ground throwing my arm in front of me to catch the fall. The bullet wounds continue to bleed but I pay no mind to it my main concern right now is to find out where everyone else is. I look up to see a camera and shadow travel myself into a little clothing store. I look down at my clothes which looked like they had been clawed apart, I had let my more selfish thoughts take over dad would be so mad.

I walk in taking small petite strides trying not to come off as confident. Who knows what year this is? I look around the store and try to hold in the urge to vomit. Looking around the only thing I saw were dresses. There wasn't a single customer which just made my life a lot easier.

"Hi! I'm Linda Jaffe and welcome to Cecile."

"Thank you. I'm Yn Hargreeves."

"Such a beautiful name."

I thank her and look around. The dresses would be ravishing in this era but I would rather stick to pants and a jumper. I clutch my arm which was still bleeding and the lady walks up to me with a frown.

"Did your partner hurt you, dear?"

"No, he would never. Do you happen to know the date?"

"28th of September 1963"

I sigh as the lady looks at me still not convinced with my earlier comment but then again now that I know what year it is, who would be convinced? Linda walks away and I start to think about my siblings. I hope Allison is okay, it's bad enough being a woman in these times. I see Linda come back with a small dress which, compared to the dresses around us, gave off a 'don't bring any unwanted attention to yourself type of vibe.

"It's beautiful. How much is it?"

Okay so a slight problem, I have no money. What could I possibly offer? I could work here but that might fuck up the timeline.

"It's free. You seem like a nice little girl."

"You are too kind Linda."

"Just beware on the streets. Times are changing and men are going crazy." She pulls out a picture of Diego and smiles. "This man is locked away says that JFK's going to be killed."

"Yeah... crazy."

"Well, off you go into the changing room don't keep little old me waiting. I'll toss you a towel for the blood."

I take the dress and pulled the door closed taking off my sticky clothes and then a towel gets thrown over the door.

I wipe off the blood that stuck to me and lift the bullet out of my arm.

"Do you have any-"

I get some string thrown over to me and stitch my arm up. Wiping the remaining blood off of me I slip the dress on. It wasn't bad... for a dress.

"Are you going to come out or are you busy staring at yourself?"

I laugh and walk out giving Linda a spin as a joke. She gives me a bright smile and it seemed like all my problems had disappeared.

"All we have to do now is fix your hair and you can be off."

It took Linda an hour to brush out all the knots in my hair. She kept apologizing when she yanked my hair back but I just brushed it off and make a mental list.

1. Yell at Diego.

2. Make sure Diego is okay

3. Yell at Diego again.

4. Find Five and kill anyone who has hurt him.

5. Yell at Diego some more.

6. Find the rest of my family

7. Yell at Diego while we leave this time period.

I had said goodbye to Linda and she had told me if I ever needed a place to stay she was here which was very kind of her. Im on my way to yell at Diego for exposing the future and this is not going to be pretty. Throwing open the door I walk over to the receptionist.

"Diego Hargreeves."

"I'll go get him."

They take me to a room and I throw my feet on the desk my blood boiling.

"Hey sis..."

"You are a fucking idiot! Are you trying to get us killed!?"

"We can stop the assassination!"

"Yeah we can also stop Reginald from living but we aren't going too!"

"I mean it's always on the table..."

"Diego!"

"Are you seriously here just to yell at me? Do you not miss your big brother?"

"To me I only saw you three hours ago."

"Jeez Yn really feeling the love."

"I'm assuming you've been locked up in here since you first arrived so there goes me asking if you know where anyone else is. At least they can't screw up as bad as you did."

"So you aren't going to help me out?"

"No but please just stay safe."

"Yn..."

"Yeah?"

"I don't tell you this enough but I love you... As a sibling of course."

"Damn it Di I'm trying to be mad at you but I love you too and I mean it, stay safe."

After that I leave. Could Linda have been who I thought she was? The age is fairly close. Where is Five? Is he okay? All I know for now is that one sibling is down and six are left.