Chapter 19

Five and I came up with a plan and walked to the communication room. I had a bad feeling about this.

"I'm afraid that's not procedure. You two meet Gloria. Gloria is perhaps the single most important clog in our machine. Gloria this is Five and Yn."

"Pleasure."

"Look at you two deadly little things. So happy we decided to close the contract on your lives."

"I'm afraid your reputation proceeds you and it looks like your building on it here. Karl Weber. Now tell me, why unfortunate Karl?"

"Karl Weber is the butcher at the shop where captain Ernst A Lehmann acquires his weekly roast so if Karl dies his butcher shop is passed to his son Otto."

"Who never washes his hands like the disgusting creature he most likely is but that's men for you. Probably why the oldest person to live was a lady, Jeanne Calment I believe."

"Correct you are Yn and if I'm correct then Otto will give the captain his roast."

"Which will obviously give him food poisoning. which makes him late to work."

"Which Delays take off."

"And to make up for the lost time the idiot will go straight into electrical charge and humid type weather. Which will make the static electric inside the craft a virtual tinder box and then."

"Boom."

Five makes an explosion imitation with his hands as the Handler places her hands on my shoulders. She squeezes my shoulders with joy before speaking again.

"You two make an excellent team but what made you realize all this?"

"Yn noticed it while looking over Otto."

"He's cute! In an old man kind of way."

Five rolled his eyes at me probably wishing I would pay more attention to work well I was trying to make him jealous. We follow the Handler back to our desk with smirks on our faces.

"I'm sure you have all heard that this young couple has proven to be as adept with pens as they are with swords. Let their effort serve as an inspiration for us all. Herb! How long have you been on the Lusitania?"

"S-since I started h-here. N-numbers don't add."

"Yn take a look at it."

"You're going to go too early that's why your numbers don't add up. Sink it on May 7th, 1915, and make it look like it was by a German U-boat. Position it 11 miles off the southern coast of Ireland. Should make a huge fuss if that's what you're looking for."

"Perfect Yn but I will leave you two again."

We sit back down and I smile at Five who gives a small smile back. An alarm went off and the eye contact was broken. I also may have jumped into Fives lap but in my defense, it was super fuckin loud. Five wrapped his arms around me so I didn't fall which I was very grateful for but I also noticed how strong he was.

"Thanks."

"You two are so cute but don't worry it's just the lunch bell. Why don't you two love birds join us."

"Who has time for lunch?"

"Fives correct we will stay and work, unlike you slackers."

"Oh, we'll see you around."

Five and I smile as Dot leaves we quickly swipe the file from the apocalypse. Five was sitting on the top of the toilet with his arms around me as I opened the file.