Chapter 4 Part 1: The Intruder

3rd POV

  It has been two days since the incident in the Hexside Academy, yet the two teenagers were still their usual selves. They are currently documenting King as he wrestled with a ducky sock, before ripping it to shreds.

  "Where are you know ducky sock?!" King yells as he threw his claws into the carpet.

  "Hey King, why did you call us here again?" (Y/n) asks the small demon.

  "Oh yeah," King realizes as he walks towards and hops atop a chest infront of a drawboard. "Human Luz and (Y/n)! You two have been too obsessed with witchcraft, that you haven't learned about my kind. Prepare yourselves for: DEMONS 101!" King then yanks off the blanket revealing different images of demons. "Demons like me are grim tricksters of the twilight, creatures of sulfur and bo-"

  "Cute little paws?" Luz interupted as (Y/n) snorts a little bit.

  King grumbles in response, "and cute little paws, true... They live only to create chaos and misery. Our only weakness is purified water and passive aggressive comments. Sometimes."

  "Aww, demons have sensitive sides," (Y/n) smiles as she rocks her legs back and forth on the arm of the couch.

"Even demons have inner demons," King then rips off a paper to another paper that shows a turtle like demon. "The most powerful demon of all is the Snaggleback, he is-"

  "A bad boi," Luz interups again as she adds a cute filter.

  "Luz, pay attention! This information could save your life Some day," King huffs as Luz shakes her head.

  "No, I am so paying attention. This is my pay attention face," Luz says as at points to herself, humming affirmatively.

  A flash and boom entered the house, causing everyone to look at the door.

  "Uh oh, looks like it's going to rain," King spoke aloud.

  Luz and (Y/n) smiles, "we love the rain!"

  "Luz, (Y/n), wait!" King calls out, but only (Y/n) stopped in her tracks as a sudden kick of instinct rised in her mind: is the rain different in the demon realm?

  "I always love the few drops in my hair," Luz comments as she spins on the tips of her shoes.

  "Hey Luz, maybe you should get back inside, this isn't the human realm." (Y/n) calls out at the doorway with King.

  "Oh come on (Y/n), why can't there always be things that are like the human realm. If the rain was any different, then how can you explain all this life?" Luz brushes off (Y/n) as she bends to her knees infront of a flower. "Am I right little buddy?" Luz then recoiled as a single drop of 'rain' lands on the flower, making it wilt at her feet. "What."

  "Oh you got to be kidding me," (Y/n) smacks her fore head before running towards Luz and grabs her arm as more drops of rain fell from the sky.

  "Boiling rain! Everyone inside!" Eda yells as she ran along side (Y/n), who pulled Luz inside the house. "Whew, that was close. But the important thing is, you didn't get hurt."

  "Yeah, that was a clo- aaahh!" (Y/n) winced as she was now aware of several small burning sensation scattered from her arms and the bridge of her nose.

  "Uh oh, seems you didn't make it in time," Eda seethes out with a concerned grimaced as she inspects (Y/n)'s arms. "But not to worry, luckily enough, it's a quick fix with disefectence and bandages."

  "Did you say, bandages?" Luz comments before a mugs hits her head. "Ow.... Not hurt."

  After a being treated, with (Y/n) having the most bandages on her arms, some of them were frogs and cats, while there was a blue duck bandaid on the bridge of her nose.

  "Hey look, we're now boo boo buddies!" King States as he places another frog bandaid on the muzzle of his skull.

  "Aww, Ven aquí mi pequeño amanecer," (Y/n) cooed as she picks up King into her arms and rubs the nape of his neck right above his red collar.

  "Wow, a boiling rainstorm on the Boiling Isles. The weather here is so fun!" Luz smiles.

  "Yeah, we don't have weather, we have plauges, gornadoes, shail hail, and PAINBOWS." Eda says with a ball of magic in her hands.

  "It's like a rainbow, but looking at makes you turn inside out," King adds out.

  (Y/n) makes a face before plopping King off her lap, placing him in Luz's lap before opening the door. "Whelp, I'm heading back inside before any of that happens, see ya."

  (Y/n) sighs as she sinks into the couch, fingers lightly picking at the bandages. Before she got more comfortable, she felt a small jab in her back pocket. She immediately grabbed onto her spade necklace, the light shined onto the smooth black stone, (Y/n) can barely see her reflection on it. With a hum, she slipped the pendant around her neck before Eda opens the door, looking tired as she walked past (Y/n).

  "This is perfect, being stuck inside the house all night, Eda wouldn't have any excuse not to teach me a spell," Luz says happily, but King having the opposite attatude to the dark skinned human.

  "But, don't you wanna a finish our lesson? I was gonna let you scratch a demon's tummy: me!" King whines as Luz frowns apologetically.

  "Oh, sorry King but, magic." Luz shrugs with a small smile.

  King sighs as (Y/n) frowns at her small friend, then smiles as she beckons King towards her. "Hey buddy, you alright?"

  King grumbles before seating himself next to (Y/n), "not really... It's just, I want to teach you and Luz about demons, but, all Luz can think about right now is to learn magic. I.... I want to help you two defend yourselves if you encounter the demons that could hurt you--or even worse." King breathes out as he lid his eyes, "I'm sorry, it's probably stupid to think about. It really doesn't mat-"

  "King, no. It's not stupid, what you are feeling does matter. I am so sorry you feel left out, you are as much as a good teacher as Eda. Luz is just oblivious, sooner or later, she'll see that. You are amazing King, don't forget that," (Y/n) hugs King into her shoulder, after a moment to process what she said, King hugged her back.

  "Thank you," King whispered with a smile evident in his voice as (Y/n) smiles back at him.

  "Now," (Y/n) began as she slightly pushed King out of the hug enough he was laying against her forearm. "You know what else there needs to be done?"

  King tilts his head, "what? Whatever needs to be done?" He asks before his breathe hitched as (Y/n) placed two fingers onto his tummy.

  "Demon Tummy Tickle Attack!" (Y/n) cries as her two fingers spidered across small belly, earning squeals of laughter as King squirms in the (H/c) haired teenager's arms.

  "Nnnahahahao! I hahahave behehehehn trihihihiked!"

  "Can you two simmer it down? I need to focus."

  (Y/n) and King looked at luz, there was a disappointment scowl and dicourage expression on the pair's faces.

  "Humans think that magic is made out of thin air but that's stupid," Eda began as (Y/n) huffs.

  "Do want to draw?" (Y/n) asks as she grabs crayons and paper as King happily nods.

  As the two of them continue to draw, (Y/n) at times will eavesdrop on the conservation, but is mainly focused on drawing and King's facts on demons. It warmed (Y/n)'s heart to know that the small demon king is so concerned about her and Luz's safety.

  Then, a sudden thud broke (Y/n)'s concentration. She looked to see Eda lying face first on the ground.

  "Whelp, she ded/Whelp it looks like one more spell killed Eda." Both (Y/n) and King said in unison, causing Luz to yelp in worry.