Chapter 7 Part 2: Lost In Languages

3rd POV

  "(Y/n) and I just had the best day. Cool teens like us. Call me a library book 'cause they were checking me out," Luz says as the teenagers open the door to the Owl House. Looking over to the couch, they were met with the baby bat in Eda's arms and King having pillows tied to his head. Luz coos, "Aw, Eda, you look so motherly."

  Eda deadpans at Luz, "Say that again and I steal your tongue."

  Luz walks to the couch, "aw. How can you say that around this cute baby?" Luz then starts to pokes the baby bat.

  The poking wakes it up and barfs out a smaller version of itself, as does that version. They all chirp and flap their wings.

  (Y/n) yelps, "whoa! That was unexpected."

  The three bats began flying upwards, still chirping. One of them breathes fire, causing Eda, King, Luz, and (Y/n) to scream and run away from the couch, which is the unfortunate target.

  Luz slings on her messager bag as she and (Y/n) runs for the door. "Parenting sure looks rewarding. E‐Enjoy your life lessons. Bye!"

  (Y/n) closes the door behind her quickly as they left.

  "Do you think that they'll be okay?" (Y/n) asks as she could faintly hear the mayhem that ensued inside the Owl House.

  "I'm sure they'll be fine," Luz says with a nervous smile.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  When the duo arrived at the library, it was already getting dark and the night was filled with the chirping of crickets.

  (Y/n) watched as Luz mutters to herself, pacing next to a pillar opposite of her.

  Luz rests her arm on the pillar, "gotta be cool. Cool?" Luz shakes her head before facepalming, "no." Luz then leans against the pillar, "cool." Luz grunts as she kneels down while throwing a pease sign.

  "Luz, you kinda look like a gangster right now, and it's really hurting to witness this." (Y/n) comments at Luz's attempt to look cool.

  Luz groans and drops her head, "I know..."

  (Y/n) yelps as she felt something lean against her back. "No. Keep going. It's fun to watch." (Y/n) slightly looks over her shoulder to see Emira and Edric leaning on her, looking at Luz with amusement.

  "You ready to bring this whole, uh, whatever you're doing, inside?" Edric asks as he and Emira got off of (Y/n).

  The two humans nod their heads before the four of them stood before the library door.

  "It says no trespassing but I'm allergic to the rules," Edric says as he pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to Emira. "And dairy," Emira says with a smirk as her brother gave a disbelief expression. "Wow, okay. Just expose me."

  The paper in Emira's hands glows as she puts it against the lock on the door. the paper crumbles as the lock grows until it's large enough for them to walk through.

  Luz gapes at the display of magic with fascination, "wow!"

  "Not bad," (Y/n) says with contained enthusiasm.

  Edric bekcons the humans inside with a wave of his wrist, "come on.

  When the four entered, the lock shrinks behind them.

  Luz looks up at the Blight twins, "standing in a dimly lit lobby. You guys know how to party."

  Edric gasps and points up, "there! The Wailing Star!"