Chapter 6 Part 1: Hooty's Moving Hassle

3rd POV

ɥǝllo?

ɔɐn ɐnʎonǝ ɥǝɐɹ ɯǝ?

dlǝɐsǝ... soɯǝonǝ...

ɐnʎonǝ

H e L p  M-

  (Y/n) shot out of her sleep with a gasp, she felt her bain drumming against her skull.

  Wow. What a way to wake up.

  She groans as she puts on her (F/c) hoodie and start to get ready for the day ahead of her. She sighs as she walks down the stairs and into the living room.

  "Oh, hey kiddo! You sure slept in," Eda says as she walks out of the kitchen, holding what appears to be a card deck.

  "Wait, what?" (Y/n) asks with surprise.

  "Yeah, you were asleep for the whole afternoon," Eda walks up to the (H/c) haired human. "I tried to wake you up, but you were out like a light. Is everything okay?"

  (Y/n) smiles, "yeah, I guess I was just tired. Things have been a little hectic these past couple of days. But I'm sure everything is fine."

  Eda raises an eyebrow before smiling, "hey since you're up, do you want to play a game of Hexes Hold Em with me and Owlbert? I'm also going to teach Luz about it."

  "Sure, that sounds good," (Y/n) says with enthusiasm.

  "Alright! Come on, let the game commence!" Eda beckons to the couch where Luz, King, and Owlbert were saying their hellos' to the now awake second human of the owl house. Eda shuffles her cards as she smirks at her palisman, who returns a stare back at her. "Alright you two watch closely. Hexes Hold Em is the most tricky game on the Boiling Isles. Any proper witch knows how to play."

  "Oh boy, cards!" Luz smiles. "The paper rectangles that old people think are fun."

  To the two teenagers eyes, they looked like regular gaming cards, however they were mistaken when Eda lays down a card and a super burst of lightning swirls around the cards before Eda's and Owlbert's cards came to life and started attacking each other.

  "Now, it looks like when the deck is stacked against you," Eda begins. "That's when you break out the wild card!" Eda's wild card glows for a slip moment as Owlbert's cards turned into ash in an instant. The burst of fire then morphs into words, declaring Eda's winning.

  Owlbert hops onto the table and bows, congratulating Eda.

  "Whoo! I win!" Eda beams before boopping Owlbert's beak. "In your adorable owl face."

  "Congrats Eda, and you did good Owlbert," (Y/n) praises as she lightly rubs her knuckle under Owlbert's chin. He seemed to like it as he coos and rubs his face against her hand.

  "Ah, I love the feeling of victory," Eda sighs. "It feels... Fluffy?"

  It was then that the (H/c) haired girl realized that familiar brown feathers started to poke out of Eda's arms. "Eda, it's happening again."

  Eda raises an eyebrow, "what's happening again?"

  "Your curse is retuning," King points out as Eda yelps in surprise.