Chapter 18 Part 2: Agony Of A Witch

3rd POV

  As they entered the castle, Guards flank either side of a hallway, saluting, as others walk on overpasses. The walls are covered in tapestries, murals, and statues.

  "Today, the Isles are a place of peace and prosperity. But that wasn't always the case," Kikimora then gestures to a mural of witches dancing around a fire. "Up until 50 years ago, witches and demons practiced wild magic during what we called the Savage Ages. Witches had access to corrupt knowledge, and that dishonored the Titan."

  Luz stops at a grate, briefly glancing over to the class.

  "That was, until our great Emperor ascended to the throne, and taught witches how to use magic properly." Kikimora turned to a mural of Belos holding up a beam of light, witches below celebrating his power. "Our next stop is the Emperor's personal collection of relics."

  "Oh! Luz, you'll like this. It's where—huh?" Willow looks over to see Luz truggling to open vent.

  (Y/n) clears her throat, letting Luz noticing that Willow and Gus looking at her. "Heh... Uh, love me a properly ventilated castle!"

  Luz and (Y/n) follows the rest of the group.

  "The Relic Room," Kikimora opens a door into the room. "These items are reminders of our great Emperor's overwhelming power. From the curious and mighty."

  Gus looks at the orb, "Oooh."

  "To the very handy."

  Willow sighs, "Oh, I could grow such beautiful things with that."

  "And even, the most valuable," Kikimora says as she passes by the Healing Hat.

  Luz and (Y/n) glanced at each other as they stared at the Hat as Willow is admiring the Gauntlet.

  "Come along, children," Kikimora beckons.

  Willow goes to catch up, as Luz and (Y/n) starts walking towards the Healing Hat, but Gus runs up and drags them along. "Let's go, you two!"

  "Here at the Emperor's Coven, we require members with sophistication, elegance, and grace." Kikimora's speech was interrupted when a door slams open.

  Lilith is standing there, leaves in her disheveled hair. She spits out feathers and vanishes her staff, then enters.

  Luz gasps as she (Y/n) ducks around a corner.

  "Ah! Make way for Miss Lilith Clawthorne, students." Kikimora says as the students gaped at Lilith. "Yes, and if I'm not mistaken, she's on her way to see the Emperor himself. Let's all wish her luck!"

  "Good luck, Miss Lilith!" The class says cheerfully.

  Lilith inhaled, "Thank you, students. Good luck with puberty."

  "This way, children." Most of the class follows Kikimora down the hall as Lilith enters a door.

  Luz looks after Lilith, "hmm, come on." Luz waves a had for (Y/n) to follow and as they tailed on Lilith out of sight.

  The closer to the Emperor's room they get, the more pipes are visible snaking around the walls.

  Luz is nearly caught, but (Y/n) quickly makes Luz duck behind a corner before Lilith turns around. When she continues on, the duo peeked.

  Lilith stops at a massive door to clean herself up before entering.

  Luz and (Y/n) runs up and watches through the keyhole.

  (Y/n) peeked through first Inside is a massive throne room. The two couldn't see everything completely, a sound reverberated throughout the room. A heartbeat. A loud, heartbeat.