Chapter 5 Part 1: Convention

3rd POV

  It was two days after the whole owl beast situation, and our four protagonist are up and ready for the day. Right now, they set up shop in Bonesborough to sell human trinkets and, well, normal human junk.

  Luz was reading one of her Azura books to King while (Y/n) was fiddling with her pendant.

  "Emboldened by the dishonor Hecate has shown, Azura raised lifted her staff to the cotton candy skies and shouted: "I challenge you to a witches duel!" Luz exclaimed with passion. "And look, I drew a flip book."

  "Show me the picture," Kings asks Luz. Luz happily obliged and showed him the picture. "Hah, I can draw better than that. Ya know, they used to call me the king of artist."

  "I thought it was the king of demons," (Y/n) mused King hopped down Infront of her and booped her nose.

  "Doesn't matter," King says smugly. "All that is important that my followers would give me offerings and fear of me."

  "Well I can offer you more of this tantalizing book," Luz bends over the table with a smile, still holding up the The Good Witch Azura.

  The Owl Lady lets out an anoyyed groan, "please stop reading that," Eda then proceeded to wave the feather duster at Luz's face. "Its flowery language is an insult to witches and is driving away our serious customers."

  It was then that they noticed something, there was no demon or witches in sight, not even any other stands.

  "What's going on," (Y/n) mutters as a feeling of unease filled her conscious.

  "This is a bad omen. There must be something horrible happening today," Eda says gravely.

  "Luz, (Y/n)! Something amazing is happening today," the familiar voice of Gus calls out as the two teenagers attention was drawn to Willow and Gus running towards them.

  "Gus, Willow! Hey," Luz greets happily while (Y/n) waves a two finger salute to them.

  "It's the annual convention! Student witches get to see all types of covens before they are placed in one. There is even a mystery guest this year," Willow explains as she holds up a flyer.

  "A job fair for witches," Luz and (Y/n) says in sync.

  "Eda can we go?" Luz asks as she leans into Eda.

  Eda shakes her head with a disapproving scowl, "certainly not."

  Luz moans sadly before before dropping to the ground.

  "I never joined a coven for a reason," Eda points out. "Sure it's like a fun club for witches, but you are giving up your magical independence to be apart of a crooked system.... But, eh, no judgement."

  "That sounds... A bit unfair," (Y/n) mutters.

  "Trust me kiddo, it isn't," Eda crossed her arms. "Besides, I haven't been to one since we were girl."

  And with that slip of the tongue, Luz gasps. "Who's we? You have a mysterious past! Now we gotta go!"

  "No," Eda draws out with a unamused scowl.

  "Okay, you leave me no choice," Luz smiles as King picks up the book.

  "You shall not shan't doth no more harm" Azura calleth out-"

  "So flowery, so awful."

  King continues to read as Eda opens the dimensional door and steps into it.

  But Luz grabs King and yeets him after Eda before the door closed.

  After a millisecond, the door reappears and the two magical beings returned to the teenagers.