Chapter 13 Part 1: The First Day

3rd POV

  In Hexside, Eda, Luz, and (Y/n) were in a dark backstage. Luz activates a light glyph  holds it between her, (Y/n), and Eda.

  "I-I'm not ready for this Eda. Maybe we should go back," Luz says nervously.

  "Don't worry Luz, we can do this. We basically have this in the bag," (Y/n) reasures.

  "(Y/n)'s right, you got this, just do what we practiced!" Eda encouraged Luz as well.

  Luz looks to the doubtfully, "but what if... What if I mess something up? Or what if I do something wrong? What if I die?"

  "Hey. Calm down, calm down. I had to do the same thing when I was a witchling. It's like a rite of passage. Granted, I was a little more skilled." Eda encouraged again, well, in her way I guess.

  (Y/n) groans, "Eda!"

  Eda quickly got the message, "right, right. Sorry, sorry. Now, get pumped."

  "Pumped!" Luz says in a encouraged voice.

  "Get ready!" Eda hyped.

  Luz pulls hood up as (Y/n) readies her glyphs, "ready!"

  "Now, go!" Eda says as she shoves the two.

  The two stumbled onto the stage, as the curtains open. Luz jumps on stage in a dark cloak as (Y/n) followed suit.

  "From the humblest of beginnings, a hero and a warrior will rise. We have traveled from another realm and trained with a powerful witch to master dark and forbidden magic. We are... Luz Noceda and (Y/n) (L/n)!" Luz announces.

  The two looked around the audience, which is empty except for Principal Bump sitting in the front row with a clipboard.

  "... Awkward," (Y/n) whispers under her breath with a strained smile.

  Luz chuckles awkwardly, and tosses confetti out of her fanny pack. "Confetti!'

  Principal Bump hums, "right. The two humans that wants to be a witches. Against my better judgement, I've allowed you to take this exam into Hexside. But can you even do magic with all your... human parts?"

  "We sure can," Luz replies as she zips open fanny pack. "It's said that humans can't do magic, but we discovered a lost technique that changes everything."

  Principal Bump hums with slight interest.

  Eda gives two thumbs-up from backstage.

  Luz activates the light glyph and lets the ball rise.

  (Y/n) does the same but also activates an ice glyph under the light. Luz beams and does jazz hands.

  "Spells cast with paper? I've never heard of such a thing. But is it enough to pass the exam?" Principal Bump looks at his clipboard.

  Luz and (Y/n) looked at each other with nervous expressions.

  "Improvise," Eda whispers to her students.

  "Um, I can do other things, what about... this?" Luz then flips eyelids inside out. "Bleep, bloop, bleep!"

  Principal Bump was not impressed.

  (Y/n) facepalmed, "oh sweet cheese Luz."

  "Ow ow! Eyelash! Eyelash!" Luz yelps. Luz slips on the melted ice pillar and falls into her abandoned cloak.

  "Ah! Luz!" (Y/n) yelps as she tries to help, but she ended up falling off the stage when she slipped on the melted ice pillar and onto Principal Bump. She rolls off him. Sorry, sorry, sorry! Whoops! AH!" (Y/n) yells as she accidentally activated an ice glyph. The ice pillar lifts her up by one foot until she's eye level with Principal Bump. She chuckles nervously, "we failed, didn't we?"