Chapter 19: Young Blood, Old Souls

3rd POV

The Boiling Isles, born from the flesh and bones of a fallen Titan.

This original magic was so potent, all life on the Isles evolved to wield magic too. For years, we explored those power freely.

Until, a mysterious witch appeared who declared that he, and he alone, could speak to the island. He said that we were using magic all wrong. His teachings took hold, his strength grew, and he became... Emperor Belos.

Belos said that mixing magic was wrong, that only he had that right. So he created the coven system. And there, our knowledge was restricted, and our potential sealed away. Those who resist are called wild witches, and they face harsh punishment.

Emperor Belos has since retreated into his castle. There are whispers that say he's planning something big.

  King closes the History Of The Boiling Isles as the two humans grew silent after hearing the tale. "I wonder if catching Eda was part of his big plan. What do you think, Luz? (Y/n)?"

  (Y/n) stares at the tag on her cape, reading: "To the young witch with a heart of gold from her proud mentor, Eda."

  "I don't care what Belos is up to... because today, we're saving Eda!" Luz states as she marches out the door.

  (Y/n) follows suit, with a determined glint in her (E/c) eyes.

  Luz opened a door to a room decorated with weapons.

  "Luz, what are you doing?" King says as Luz picks up a weird dagger.

  "This is serious, King," Luz grits out. "Eda used her power to save us and got caught by Lilith. Now she's the Owl Beast and is being taken before the Emperor!"

  "We don't know what he's planning to do with Eda, but we're going to rescue her." (Y/n) says as she grabs a bat.

  King looks at the two Like they were crazy, "Haven't you been listening to me? He's the Emperor! He's the most powerful witch alive!"

  "King, please try to understand. Eda is in this situation because of me. Because of my stupid choice. I have to make up for it," Luz says with a frown.

  "But she's in her Owl Beast form!" King points out, "how will she even recognize you?"

  Luz looks to the side, "I don't know. But we have to try anyway."

  "Well then, I'm going too," King decided.

  "King..." (Y/n) frowns worryingly.

  "Me and Eda don't always see eye-to-eye," King admits, "but I do consider her family. I want her back as much as you do."

  Luz smiles, "Alright. Then we've got no time to lose!"

  "Operation: Storm The Castle is a go!" (Y/n) declared as they ran out of the room.

  "Nyeh!" King throws the book on the ground.

  "Hold on tight Eda, we're getting you back," (Y/n) mutters to herself and the three left the house.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  Meanwhile, at Emperor Belos's throne room, Beast Eda runs around from Lilith.

  "Eda, stop that this instant!" Lilith demanded.

  Beast Eda tears down a tapestry of Belos, begins chewing on it.