Chapter 15 Part 2: Understanding Willow

3rd POV

  (Y/n), Luz, Amity, Gus, dragged Willow all the way to the Owl House, hoping that Eda had a way to get Willow's memories back.

  Once inside, Amity looks around, "so, this is the Owl House."

  "Yup," (Y/n) reply, popping the 'p'

  Amity looks at the two humans, "And you two... sleep here?"

  "When the night critters allow us to," Luz says with a grim tone over her smile.

  Eda gains the friends attention, "So, you set Willow's memories on fire and erased everything. Even minor damage can have huge effects!"

  Willow walks into the couch where King is sleeping, "Ahh, a chair for sitting!" Willow flops face front onto the couch, does a handstand while trying to sit, and then flops upside down.

  "Yep, her brain's burned up real good," Eda says with a grim expression. "Damage like that can change everything about a person. Willow may never be the same."

  Willow finally gets the sitting position right. "I got it!" Willow then takes notice of King, "Ooh, a furry fruit! I'm gonna peel it!" King opens his eyes as Willow picks him up, "What?" King wriggles around as he tries to escape Willow's grasp, "What is happening?!"

  "Nap time," Eda says as she casts a spell, putting Willow to sleep.

  "Sleep spell..." King yawns and goes to sleep.

  Eda looks at King, "I didn't cast it on you." King only yawns, "yeah, who cares?"

  "Is there anything we can do?" (Y/n) asks, worryingly glancing at Willow's sleeping form.

  "There is one way, but it's terribly dangerous and partially illegal," Eda says with a pause. "So you're in the right place! I'll send you into her mind to fix the damage."

  Luz holds a hand to her chest, "Be still my fantasy loving heart, I have always wanted to do this! Thank you, Boiling Isles."

  "It won't be easy," Eda starts, "you have a lot to fix in there, 'cause it's a mess! Yep, whoever did this to Willow showed unbelievable disregard for her safety, downright despicable."

  At that notion, Amity looks away, guilt was evident on her face.

  Eda grimace as she took notice, "Oh, right, it was you. Anyways, Luz, (Y/n), who's going inside with you?"

  The door opens to reveal Hooty, "Maybe I can help! I'm pretty good at getting stuck inside people's heads!"

  Eda looks at Hooty with a unamused glare, "This is someone's brain, not a night club!" She spins a spell circle, the door closes. "Preferably, I would go with only two, but someone else has to keep an extra eye on Luz."

  Luz deadpans at Eda at the mental jab, but looks at Gus, who is pacing in front of his corkboard. "I'm running out of time. Ugh. I'm in total free fall! Must I turn to forbidden sources?" The books growls, causing Gus to fall. "Aah!"

  "Gus..." (Y/n) began with a pause, "has a lot on his plate. Amity, how about you go with us?"

  Amity frowns and glanced briefly at Willow, "she might not want me in there."

  "You set everything in there on fire! You have to help," Luz urged.

  "Also, it would help a lot knowing that you and Willow have history. We really don't want to get lost or know where to begin," (Y/n) pointed out.

  Amity looks at the two humans and thinks for a second before sighing, "Okay, I'll do what I can."

  Luz immediately holds (Y/n)'s hand before presenting her other hand out to Amity. She hesitantly takes it.