Chapter 14 Part 1: Really Small Problems

3rd POV

  (Y/n) groans as she made her way down the stairs, she had yet again had another bizarre dream. She chose to not bother to remember it this time.

  When (Y/n) went into the kitchen, she found Eda is stirring something on the stove while King is watching Luz talk to Willow and Gus on a crystal ball.

  "So they said I couldn't remove my thumb, but look at that!" Luz the demonstates as she pretends to remove her thumb. "Whoop!"

  Gus looks at Luz with a panicked expression, "You sliced it off! You sliced off your own thumb!"

  Willow chuckles, "you make doing homework actually fun."

  "And they say humans can't do magic," (Y/n) chuckles.

  "Luz..." King starts as he climbs onto table with Nyeh, "you've been talking to them all morning. Don't forget about the Luz, (Y/n), and King comedy hour!"

  (Y/n) giggles evily as Eda groans, "please, no. Not the comedy hour..."

  "This week I've been working with props!" King turns around to show a cardboard tube on his nose. "Oh dear, I've gotten a tube stuck on my nose! Will I ever eat again?" He asks dramatically before slamming a piece of bread on his face.

  "Looks like you're toast!" (Y/n) punned as she, Luz, and King laughs.

  "It just goes on like this for an hour!" Eda deadpans at the three with disappointment.

  "Heyo, dough boy, quit Loafing around!" Luz quipped.

  "Why don't you Bake me?" King retorts.

  "These puns are a bit Crumby," (Y/n) punned again as the three laughed.

  Eda looks at the three with a face of disgust, "I have failed them as a teacher."

  The moment was interuppted when the crystal ball buzzes with an alarm and flashes red. The time, 8:00, flashes below Willow and Gus.

  "School time! See you guys in class!" Luz says as she and (Y/n) waves.

  Willow waves back, "Bye!"

  "But what about the thumb?!" Gus says before Luz ends the call.

  King sighs disappointedly, sad that his time with the two human girls are cut short.

  "Hey, don't worry. We'll finish our comedy hour when we get home," (Y/n) says renasuringly before kissing King's skull and the two headed towards the door.

  King giggles, "oh you!"

  "Try not to miss us while we're gone!" Luz says in a singsong voice before closing the door behind them.

  King quickly scrambles over to the door, "you... you really think they'll coming back this time?"

  Eda sighs, "yes, they'll be back; they always comes back. It's cute you miss them, though."

  King turns towards Eda with an offended expression, "The King of Demons--" King starts before tossing the bread and tube off. "The King of Demons misses nobody! I wouldn't care if they came through this door right now! Wha!"

  Just then, Luz and (Y/n) comes back through the door.

  Eda looks at them with shock, "Hey, you're--"

  "You're back!" King says happily and climbs up on between the two humans head. "I didn't miss you at all."

  "Apparently there's an infestation of pixies at Hexside, so school's been canceled," (Y/n) explains.