Side Episode Part 3: Common Mold Madness

3rd POV

Eda wandered deeper into the forest for the past half hour, and she was getting tired. "(Y/n), where are you?"

Eda turns around when she hears Owlbert hooting loudly, "Owlbert! Did you find (Y/n)?"

"Yes we have," Bat Queen says as she lands in front of Eda. "But we must get back to house, little human needs rest."

Eda gasps as she sees (Y/n) in the Bat Queen's hold, her head and neck were now fully covered in mold and mushrooms, and her breathing was becoming shallow.

"Oh no," Eda quickly takes (Y/n) from the Bat Queen. "Come on, let's get back to the house."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

"I wonder if Luz found anything yet," Willow says out loud as she, King, and Gus came back to the center of the market.

"I'm sure she will get the best present, this is Luz we're talking about." King says as he bites into a Not Dog.

"Guys, Luz just texted," Gus says as he takes out his scroll. "Hey, I found something that (Y/n) might like. I don't know how long that I might be gone for but I will be home as soon as possible. Please check up on (Y/n) while I'm out. Love, Luz. Ps. I'm at The Knee."

"The Knee? Whatever could be up there?" Willow asked with a perplexed frown.

"Who knows, as far as we know, is that there is only ruins." King shrugs, "now let's head back to the Owl House. I'm tired."

Willow and Gus looked at each other, "do you think she'll be okay?" Willow asked worried about the dark chocolate color haired girl.

"I'm sure she'll be fine," Gus looks towards the direction of The Knee. "Hopefully."

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

Luz and Alistair arrived at the ruins that her and (Y/n) first came to The Knee.

Alistair opens the map, "it says in the map, the Mimic flower is located in a cave at the top of The Knee. We should be there around 20-28 minutes if we continue, do you think you could handle the trek?"

Luz looks at Alistair will determination, "this is for (Y/n), I'm sure that I can handle it."

Alistair nods, "let's get going then."

For the walk up to the top of The Knee, it was a treacherous feat. They had to quickly yet quietly sneak away from any Slitherbeast that might want to turn them into mincemeat.

But the walk was also breathe taking, the more they climbed up, Luz could see the Boiling Isles at a higher view. Luz was also mesmerized at the beauty of the vegetation and life that seemed to flow around her.

"(Y/n) would've loved this," Luz says out loud.

"Would she now?" Alistair says with a curious smile.

"Yeah, she likes going on adventures. When we were younger, she would find anything that seemed like an adventure for us. It could either be somewhere new, or a trail that we haven't been on." Luz chuckles at a memory of (Y/n).

Luz and (Y/n) had stumbled across a stream in the woods, just behind the school. Luz follows (Y/n), who has a courageous smile, showing a gap in her teeth. They followed the stream that ends at a pond to the park.

What they found at the pond was a bunch of tadpoles, some were still small and others were starting to sprout legs.

"We got in trouble sure, but the whole thing was amazing." Luz says with a fond smile.