Chapter 14 Part 3: Really Small Problems

(Y/n)'s POV

  "Darn it all!" I shouted as I paced within the jar. "When I turn back to normal, I'm having bacon for dinner," I sighed before slowly sitting down onto the glass jar.

  "I hope King and the others take notice of my disappear--Aagh!" All of a sudden, the jar began to shift before I came face to face with pigface.

  "Comfortable human?" Tibbles says with a smug grin.

  "Bite me you talking sausage!" I growled.

  Tibbles narrows his eyes, "whatever a sausage is, I feel offended for some reason." He then chuckled, "but whatever. You, my dear human, are going to be a apart of my show."

  Before I could make a retort, I was brought over to a table. On the table was a rectangular glass cage with a red and yellow tent.

  "Say hello to your challengers," Tibbles laughs as he placed the jar that was in next the cage.

  My eyes widen as I heard a menacing growl within the tent. I took a breath in as I see a shadow coming out of the tent, only to look complex as the creature was actually a unicorn.

  "... Huh, I was expecting something scary," I exhaled with a chuckle.

  But then, my fears came back to life as the unicorn roared at me with red eyes and a muzzle filled with sharp teeth. "AAAAAAHHH!"

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*゚☆゚.*・。゚

3rd POV

  Back with to King, who was leading Luz through the carnival until they stopped at the prize booth.

  The friendship bracelets are still there. Good.

  King drags Luz onward, unaware that Willow and Gus were following right behind them. They two continued to pursue King and Luz from booth to booth.

  Willow and Gus climbed onto a stand, covered in rotten candy. They were exhausted as they tried to regain their bearing.

  "We can't keep doing this," Gus says as he takes in gulps of air.

  Willow then gasps as she stares at a house of mirrors as a plan came to mind, "we won't have to for much longer."

  Back at the  prize booth, where the vendor is counting Luz and King's tickets, "1230... 1231..."

  King squeals, excited to finally get the prizes for him and his two best friends.

  "Now, King," Luz starts, "before you spend your tickets are you sure you want those friendship bracelets and not this bad boy" Luz then points to a cursed skull, whose eye glows.

  "I am the King of Night. And every breath you take brings you closer to darkness!" The Cursed Skull roars.

  Luz smiles, "this guy's a riot."

  "Yes, Luz. I want the bracelets. It's kind of important to me, okay?" King grumbles as he looks at Luz.

  "I can be important to you. I, who have seen the birth and death of countless nations—" the cursed skull was interrupted as the Prize Vendor smacks the skull with a broom. "Hey, stop it."

  In response, the Cursed Skull whinnies.

  The Prize Vendor, seemed he didn't want any of that nonsense. "No, no. Stop it. Yes, where was I, uh... Well, lost count. Okay, one, two, three, four, five, six..."

  As the Prize Vendor recounts the tickets, a fly drops rotten candy in Luz's hair.

  Luz shivers, "Ugh, gross. I'm gonna need a mirror. I'll be right back, King."