Chapter 16 Part 1: Enchanting Grom Fright

3rd POV

ɥnsɥ lıʇʇlǝ onǝ, dlǝɐsǝ pon'ʇ ɔɹʎ

ɔɐnsǝ ı'll ɹıƃɥʇ ʎonɹ sıdǝ

ɐnd dɹoʇǝɔʇ ʎon ɟɹoɯ ʇɥǝ ɯonsʇǝɹs ɟɹoɯ ʇɥǝ uıƃɥʇ

  (Y/n) woke up with a start, "that was new," she said to herself.

  "(Y/n)! Time to wake up! Breakfast is ready," King yells as he barges into the room with the slam of the door.

  "Alright, alright, I'm up." (Y/n) grumbles as she stretches her arms, letting out a satisfying sigh as her joints pop. "I'll be down in a minute."

  King walks back down to the living room, letting (Y/n) be so she can get ready for the day.

  (Y/n)'s attention was brought to her phone as her notification sound ringed out. She picks it up to see a message, from mom.

Mom: Buenos dias sol, how are doing? Are you and Luz enjoying Summer Camp?

  (Y/n) takes a deep breath, and replied.

(Y/n): Hey mom, everything is good so|

  (Y/n) stopped typing, then groans before easing it all and only sent a thumbs up emoji with a smiley face. She sighed before stuffing her phone into her pocket and started to get ready for school.

☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・。゚☆゚.*・゚☆゚.*・。゚

  (Y/n) walks down the stairs to see King is watching videos on Luz's phone while Luz, was using a magnifying glass to look at a flower.

  "Come on! Work this time," Luz says as she replicates a plant glyph, and activates it. Luz  gasps when a flower successfully grows. "Yes! Check it out, (Y/n): my glyph skills are blossoming!"

  "Good job," (Y/n) smiles as she high fives Luz.

  "You think that's impressive? Check this out! Two warriors battling to the death!" King then shows the two humans the phone. On the phone, two cats meow. One prepares to pounce on the other but falls on its back.

  (Y/n) looks behind Luz to see the door portal was opened, "Ah. I see we're getting enough Wi-Fi through the portal for cat videos."

  "Senseless violence. Yes, attack! Death is your god!" King says as he continues watching the cat video.

  "I regret teaching you about the Internet," Luz complained, clearly disappointing herself.

  King laughs, "Hah! What possible regrets could come from the Internet? Oh! Did you know that the Earth is actually flat?"

  (Y/n) grimaced, "okay, that's enough of that." She takes Luz's phone back as it vibrates.

  Luz grabs her phone and looks at it, realizing the got a text from her mom reading, "How's camp today, cariño? <3, Mamá."

  Luz gulps. She starts typing "I", then deletes it. "I'm" and "It" are also typed and quickly deleted. She ends up sending a thumbs-up emoji. "Good enough."

  King laughs as (Y/n) frowns empathetically, "Ah, a severed hand! Perfect response."

  Luz flops down on the couch and puts a pillow on her face. "Ugh! What am I supposed to say? "Hey, Mom, me and (Y/n) are not at camp actually! We're in the demon realm learning to be a witch! Also, did you know demons and magic are real?" She. Will. End me."