Chapter 10 Part 1: Escape Of The Pailsman

3rd POV

  (Y/n) sways her legs back and forth on the swing set in the playground in the middle of Bonesborough. Several baby-track Hexside students are there. Eda and Luz are sitting on a bench under a sign.

  Luz shifts nervously in her seat, "what if he gets hurt? What if the kids are mean to him My parental instincts are freaking out, man."

  Eda waves a hand, "he's fine. Look at him."

  King right now was trying to climb the slide.

  Luz smiles, "It does look like he's having fun. Aw. I wonder what cute little game he's playing."

  "Stand back, cretins!" King grunts as he reaches the top. "Yes! Yes! This is a throne worthy of a tyrant. Bow to me you snotty underlings. Bow!'

  The Kids below the slide share a look, "okay." One does a handstand while the other does a backbend.

King laughs evily, "yes, appease your master."

  "This isn't for standing, it's for sliding. You try." A kid from behind King shoves him.

  "Whoa, whoa! Eda!" King cries as he runs to his friends, clings to Luz's leg. "That monster took my throne."

  Eda points at the kid, "you mean the baby?"

  "No, the usurper. I want you to go over there and blow him up. Kaboom!" King made a explosion with his claws.

  The 'usurper' was riding a spring rider exclaims, "Kaboom!"

  Eda unscrews Owlbert from staff, "yeah, I'm not using Owlbert to blow up a five‐year‐old.'

  Owlbert hoots at Eda.

  He's got better things to do. Like this," Eda says as she pets him, causing Owlbert to let out a warbling sound.

  Luz coos as (Y/n) made her way towards them. "Aw, what a sweetie. How did you get him?"

  Eda snorts, "get? I made Owlbert from the branch of an ancient tree." Eda explains as Owlbert hops onto Eda's hand and hoots. "Oh, he's my palisman and we're bonded for life. I'd annihilate anyone who'd hurt him."

  King huffs, "fine. Don't help. Revenge will taste all the sweeter if they fall by my hand alone."

  The usurper shoves King over. "Tag, you're it!" He laughs and runs off.

Eda smiles eagerly, "oh, man. Here we go. King's squeak of rage."

  King stands up with an angered expression, "Nyeh... nyeh..." He then precides to squeal while wriggling and punching on the air, pauses, then continues squealing as he charges after his rival.

  Eda and (Y/n) laughs, "oh my gosh! He sounds like a tea kettle!"

  "I know, right?" Eda snorts.

  When Owlbert scratches at his face, Luz noticed something on his foot. "Hey, what's that?"

  "That's his interlock. So he only fits on to my staff. Every palisman has o-" before Eda could finish, she suddenly falls over.

  "Hol-- Luz! Help me!" (Y/n) says as she and Luz lifted Eda onto the bench.

  "What happened?" Luz asks as she helps her mentor onto the bench and looks at her with worry.

  "I'm not sure," (Y/n) says as Owlbert worryingly hoots as he flys around Eda before perching himself on (Y/n)'s shoulder. (Y/n) gently pets Owlbert, "I'm sure she'll be alright buddy."

  After a minute of waiting, Eda's eyes open with a startled expression.

  "Are you all right?" Luz asks as she helps Eda up.