Confession

Gabriel had lifted her up bridal style and brought her to the sofa in the middle of the room. There he sat her down but kept his arms around her. As he waited for the shaking woman to calm down, he rocked her gently back and forth.

It took almost an hour until Nathalie had calmed down. Only then she was able to explain, why, after all that had happened, she did still trust him.

"You never tried to come on to me, it was quite the opposite!", she giggled, "I wished you did much earlier, but well... I am not complaining. But thinking of this girl, Fei was her name?"

Gabriel nodded.

"Yes, Fei!"

"Thinking of her, and what she had to go through, because I left her there.....I..."

"You couldn't know, that her adoptive father would die!", he tried to soothe her.

"Don't you understand? You send me there to buy that bracelet. By doing this, I made that despicable, greedy man burn down the school and kill Wu Sifu. Can you imagine, how hard it was, to give birth to a child at that age and leave her behind to go back to my family? What if she.... figures it out somehow? What should I be telling her?", she was yelling by now and Gabriel could see the panic in her eyes.

"Damn it, Nath, that girl should be proud to have a mother like you!"

"Father's right, you know!", came Adrien's voice from the doorway and he shyly came back into the office. "Sorry, I couldn't help it. I just had to say something, after I accidentally overheard you. It really wasn't on purpose. But since mother died, you've been there for me all the time, my father wasn't. Sorry father, but...you know. She couldn't have a better mum, than you Nath!"

Now the young woman started to cry again. Gabriel patted her back very tenderly and kissed her cheek.

"Adrien is right, you know. If only I had noticed my feelings for you before. I would have never tried to terrorize the whole goddamn city and most likely wouldn't have neglected my own son!", he now ranted.

"F-Feelings?", Nathalie questioned anxiously.

"What? Oh, uhm.....well....I should have told you, right? Well, I am not sure, if this is the right moment, but..."

"What are you trying to say, Gabriel?", Nathalie questioned further, her voice still shaking.

"Isn't that obvious?", Adrien interjected, "he's finally confessing his love for you. That's soooo romantic. Where is Duusu, when you need her? Duusu? Nooroo? Plagg!"

He ran off, searching for the three kwamis, that, after his father had given up his plans, were allowed to stay with them. Though Adrien still wondered, why Marinette had let them keep their miraculous, he was glad, that she did.

Gabriel now looked at Nathalie lovingly and shook his head.

"That boy", she tried to say, but only a hoarse whisper came out of her mouth.

"He was right, you know. That's exactly what I am about to do. Nathalie Sancoeur, though it took me quite some time, to admit it to myself, I love you with all my heart!", Gabriel had taken her left hand into his right, while he spoke, his left was cupping her cheek, his thumb wiping away the tear, that was just rolling down her cheekbone.

She could only stare at him open mouthed.

"Would you please say something? Anything?", his voice was high pitched and scared now.

That brought Nathalie out of her trance and made her laugh. But she squeezed his hand a little tighter as she sobbed and laughed at the same time, to then place her right hand on his face, her fingers sliding along his jaw to the back of his neck. She still couldn't speak, but she pulled hims into a savage kiss and let him know, that she felt the same way he did.

When they finally parted, after what felt like an eternity, the young woman was still crying, but beamed at him and eventually could tell him:

"I love you too, Gabriel, I always have. From the very first day!"

Her voice was still barely more than a whisper, but the designer had heard her and kissed her again, pulling her onto his lap, to deepen that kiss, while he took a firm hold of her buttocks, kneading them tenderly, what made the woman instantly react and she began to grind on him. Very soon he could feel her whimpering into his mouth and pulled her tauter, while he could hardly keep his own moans contained.

Nathalie could feel his arousal and began to smile into the kiss, but they got interrupted by Adrien, yelling:

"Marinette just sent me a text. Fei and her uncle have already arrived and they will be here in about an hour. Come on, let's get their room ready!"

He had just now noticed the situation the adults were in and groaned:

"Can't you two just get a room, I mean, get into another room for that?"

Blushing Nathalie got down from the man's lap and back to her seat on the sofa. But Gabriel quickly stood up and held out both hands.

"Come my love, let's give your daughter the welcome, she deserves!", he proclaimed.

With blushing cheeks, she grabbed his hands and let him pull her to her feet. Hugging her tightly and kissing her softly one more time, he eventually let her speak:

"Please don't say things like that later, when the girls are here, Gabriel. I am still not sure, if I want her to know. But I am very sure, that I don't want her to find out like that!"

He nodded and stroked with his fingers along her cheek, then pecked her lips.

"Whatever you wish for, my dear!", he cooed.

A sudden giggle made them look up and they saw Duusu soar above them.

"About time, Mr Gabriel. You have been in love with Miss Nathalie for so long but whenever Nooroo or myself tried to tell you, you forbid us to talk!", the little peacock squealed.

Nathalie gave Gabriel a disapproving look. He immediately knew, why she did that and looked at the kwami apologetically.

"I am sorry for that Duusu. I felt guilty towards Emilie, because I promised her, to save her and I failed. And even the thought of loving someone else, felt as if I would double the betrayal and that's why I got angry, as soon as somebody", he gazed at his son now, "mentioned it."

The blue, flying creature giggled again.

"Yeah, you know, I already knew that. I am the kwami of emotions, remember. I can sense every emotion." She looked at Adrien now: "You should figure yours out soon, blondie. Or she will decide for the other boy. And IIIIIIIIII think, he is wayyyyyyyyy cooler than youuuuuu, with his guitar and his dyed hair and the black nailsssssss!"