Story telling

They returned to the dining room half an hour later, after Gabriel had insisted, that she would at least rest for ten minutes, before she would get up again. Ten minutes in which he had been holding her in his arms and had gently stroked her flat belly, had placed soft little kisses on her neck and had again and again told her, how much he loved her and how happy she made him.

As they now took a seat at the table again, Fei blurted out boldly:

"We were worried, when you ran out, but then we could tell, you're already feeling better, by the sound of it!"

The teenagers blushed but grinned mischievously at the adults.

"Well, that kinda was an accident, or it just happened because we....", she gave Gabriel a questioning look.

He nodded and said:

"Go on, tell them. You won't be able to hide it for long anyway!"

Adrien, who had heard Duusu earlier this day gasped.

"W-Well....we just found out.....", Nathalie cleared her throat then took a deep breath, "...we found out, that we're gonna have a baby!"

Adrien beamed at her widely and jumped to his feet, to hug first Nathalie, then his father.

"Let's just hope, you won't leave that baby on some doorstep!", Fei muttered barely audible.

Marinette had heard her and stared at her in shock.

"How can you say something like that, after all you've heard today?", she exclaimed, making the others look at her. The teenage girl noticed and apologized: "Sorry, I didn't mean to yell, I was just so angry. Fei, why would you say something like that?"

Fei looked to the floor now.

"I-I didn't mean to, it just slipped, I....", she sighed deeply.

"It's okay", Nathalie cooed softly. "You just found out today, that I was the one, leaving you on Wu's doorstep and just an hour later, you're hearing about me, being happy about having a baby. I do understand, how you feel. And I do feel guilty, for everything, that happened to you. Damn, I even paid that man for the bracelet, he had stolen from you!"

The assistant was crying again, but her voice was steady and she got up and walked over to the young woman, she had given birth to almost seventeen years ago.

"Can I hug you?", she asked reluctantly.

Fei shrugged, trying to not let her see, that she wanted her mother to jus hold her. But when Nathalie now bent down and tenderly laid her arms around her, not like before to comfort each other, but just to show her, that she truly loved her child, the young, Chinese woman, instantly hugged her back.

Gabriel had watched the scene with concern and was now approaching the two females. As he laid a hand on Nathalie's shoulder, making her flinch shortly, to then lean into his touch, he suggested:

"If Mr Cheng will be alright with it, would you like to stay with us for some time? To get to know each other and maybe, if you can bear us for so long, meet your little brother or sister? Only if you're both okay with that too, of course."

It was Fei, who jumped to her feet and hugged the large man around the waist, exclaiming happily:

"Thank you so much! We were already searching for any possibility for me to stay with Marinette a little longer and Wang promised me to try and convince his sister Sabine, but right now, he doesn't have to do this anymore. Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

Gabriel smiled down at the girl kindly, who now pulled away and ran over to Adrien and Marinette to hug them both just as enthusiastically.

Nathalie was still standing in front of Gabriel, who was now pulling her close to him.

"I hope, that was okay with you?", he whispered.

The hormonal woman was crying again and buried her face in his chest.

"Thank you so much!", her muffled words were barely to understand. But Gabriel did anyway and kissed the top of her head.

Later that evening they were all sitting in front of the fireplace, telling each other the unbelievable experiences they made with their kwamis or renlings in Fei's case.

Gabriel shook his head.

"I was very surprised back then, when I recognized Marinette being with that girl, who was trying to stop me. But now, that I know, that you're Ladybug, it all makes sense."

Marinette giggled.

"Do you all want to hear a funny story? About why I was in Shanghai at the very beginning?", she asked.

"Isn't that obvious?", Fei mocked her, "you were following 'the love of your life', after you found out, he would be in Shanghai too!"

The half Chinese teenager blushed but nodded.

"I know it's kinda pathetic, but you're right, I was going there, because I knew, that Adrien went there with you!", she gazed at Gabriel now.

The former supervillain smiled at her friendly.

"Adrien told us, when you first met, you didn't even know, who he was? But you were an admirer of my work? So you really fell in love with him, because you got to know him and not, because he was the famous model?", he interrogated, but in a friendly manner.

Marinette shook her head vigorously.

"I never cared about stuff like that. To be honest, I didn't even like him at first, because he was friends with Chloe and I thought, he was like her. I thought I caught him putting a bubblegum onto my chair, but it turned out, that it was Chloe and he really tried to get it off!"

"So that's what made you fall for him?", Nathalie wondered.

Again the young woman shook her head.

"Nope, that was later that day, when he gave me his umbrella!"

Adrien now beamed at her widely and pulled the girl, who was actually sitting on the armrest of his chair, int his lap, to kiss her passionately.

"That's so cute, Bugaboo!", he exclaimed, then he turned towards his father, questioning:

"Uhm, about those sleeping arrangements....."