Emotional overloads

Gabriel came rushing into the dining room, Adrien right at his heels, after the model had told him, that Nathalie was experiencing some kind of pain.

Now he knelt down in front of the pregnant woman and laid his hands onto her belly, rubbing soothing, little circles, then asked her softly:

"What's wrong, my darling? Are you having contraction?"

Nathalie smiled anxiously down at him as she placed her hands on top of his and nodded hesitantly.

"Yeah, it seems like it! I am not sure yet, if I should be excited or scared! I mean, I know, what's ahead of me, but I..... still can't wait to hold her in my arms!"

The man leaned forward and placed a gentle kiss on her belly, then stood up and held out his hands.

"Come, let's get you some place a little more comfortable. Or is this alright? Just tell me, my love!"

She took his hands gladly and responded:

"Actually, I would like to walk around a little bit. I'd just feel better, if you came with me, just in case. I think, we have some time, before we need to go to the hospital!"

Gabriel agreed without a second thought:

"Whatever you say, my love. I am here to support you, to simply follow your orders", he slowly pulled her to her feet to then entangle her into a very passionate kiss, "I love you very much, my darling!"

"I love you too! I can't believe, that our little daughter will eventually be.....ow.......", she paused and took a couple of deep breaths, to then finish the sentence as if nothing had happened, "....born soon!"

The man furrowed his brows and wondered:

"Everything alright? Are you sure about the walking?"

Nathalie nodded.

"Yeah, I remember from last time, that it helped a lot, to walk around and make those circles with my hips, when I felt a contraction. Maybe it will do this time as well!"

"Is there anything, we can do right now?", Fei asked, looking worried.

Gabriel answered quickly:

"Well, I think, you could get Nathalie's bag from our bedroom already and bring it down here. And well, would you like something to eat or to drink, my love?"

The young woman shook her head.

"Nothing to eat, but maybe some water if you don't mind!"

She gave the teenagers a loving glare. Then she all of a sudden burst into tears.

"Come here, all three of you!", she sobbed and opened her arms for them. Marinette once again was the first to react and nudged Adrien and Fei forward and into their mother's embrace. Then she followed a little slower, but Nathalie had waited for her to be close enough too, before she pushed them all three together to hug them at once, as good as she could with her belly.

Gabriel simple watched the scene, let her cry into her first born's shoulder, then place a kiss on her cheek. After she had pecked Adrien's too and then Marinette's forehead, she apologized for her emotional outburst:

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to make you all feel uncomfortable. Just go and spend your time with something you enjoy. I am very sure, this will take a while!"

"It's totally fine, Ma!", the young chinese now scolded her, "you can hug and squeeze us all day, if you feel like it, you know. Don't you ever dare again, to apologize for being a loving mum!"

That made her start crying again.

"I am so glad, those uncontrollable emotions will soon stop!", she ranted after a while, making Gabriel smirk.

"What?", she now hissed, to what he explained:

"Actually, love, as far as I know, it will only get worse, when the baby is born. An old friend told me once, that since she had her daughter, she always reacted very emotional to many simple things, like a standing ovation for someone, like some special music or decorations in a parade. Sometimes even the live performance of a certain song. And not only in the first month after giving birth, but for years. And I don't want to scare you, dear, I just want you to be prepared!"

"Great!", Nathalie said cynically, then cringed and took a sharp breath, "maybe we should get to the hospital soon. I don't feel safe, staying here right now. Even if I probably am just being paranoid, I am scared, she'll come faster than expected."

"O-Of course, my love. Is there anything, you need before? Or would like to do? Something you want to bring along?", he was now visibly getting nervous and made his wife grin.

"Relax, darling. It's not that urgent, I think. I just would feel better, if we were already at the clinic and able to call for someone just in case. But for now, I can bear the pain and I don't feel as if it will happen in the next minutes. But it's quite painful already and it wasn't that bad with Fei in the beginning. It took hours back then from the first, light pain to the kind I am feeling already. That's why I get a little antsy. And to your question, I want to bring someone along, not something. I really would like Fei to come and spend some time with me, before she will be leaving again!"

She now narrowed her eyes on her daughter, who gasped in shock.

"How did you.....I mean, I was planning on telling you after you gave birth to not get you all worked up so close to it. How did you find out?", she inquired.

Nathalie half laughed, half cried.

"I overheard you, when you told those two. Hey, don't cry, sweetheart. Just come here. I am not angry. Maybe a little sad, but it's not as if we weren't able to see each other, if we wanted to, right? Though I most likely will be too busy, to come to Shanghai all the time, I am sure, with a couple of those little snacks, that Marinette makes, you can visit whenever you want, right?", she told her with a loving smile and kissed the top of Fei's head and rubbed her back, when she buried her face into her mother's chest, crying desperately.

"Oh no, my pretty girl, don't cry. I am here, Fei. I might not have been for too long, but I am here now, so please, don't cry. I love you so much, my child!"