Travelling

"I promise, we'll be back before the baby is born, Ma. It's a great honour, that grandfather wants to go back home with me for a couple of weeks and show me, where he grew up. I can always be here in a couple of minutes, if I become Ladydragon, so please, can I?", Fei was looking at Nathalie with pleading eyes and a light smile.

The pregnant woman held out her hand to her daughter and as the younger one took it, she squeezed it softly.

"Of course you can, honey. I never wanted to keep you locked up here or something!", she took a glimpse at Gabriel, seeing him gaze to the floor and being sure he thought about, what he did with Adrien. "I will miss you a lot though. But you are in good hands with our grandfather. And hopefully, he is with you. Don't forget, that he's quite old by now. He doesn't believe that, but he is. And so is your great grandmother. It's the first time for her, to see where her parents came from, so be easy on her, it can be overwhelming, seeing the city for the first time. You've lived there since you were born, but I am certain, Marinette and Adrien can tell you!"

"What can we tell her?", Adrien now wondered, as he was just entering his father's office.

"How it feels, to come to a large place like Shanghai, if you have never been there before, even if you are used to a big city such as Paris!", Nathalie explained.

"Oh, yeah, it was awesome! But for Marinette it certainly was scary for some time, as she didn't understand a word and couldn't read any signs. But, since we all have been helping her with it, her Chinese has improved a lot!"

Fei and Nathalie laughed at him.

"At least, she has stopped insulting people, when she tries to say something nice!", Fei said mockingly.

"Fei, she's really doing her best!", Nathalie scolded her, than grimaced and held the side of her by now to the teenagers huge looking belly.

"Everything okay?", Adrien asked immediately and gave her a concerned look.

His stepmother nodded and smiled, a forced smile though.

"She has quite some energy and is really strong. Come here and feel. Both of you!"

She took one hand of each of 'her' children, who were approaching her hesitantly and placed them on her protruding stomach. For a while nothing happened, then the hands were strongly pushed from the skin and the two adolescents gasped.

"Hey little sister, when have you gotten that strong?", Fei asked, her lips gently touching her mother's shirt.

"Watch out! Father said, she kicked him right into his nose yesterday!", Adrien now warned her with a grin. "Speaking of father, he's going to be like an hour late and asked me to force you, to take a break, Nathalie. And Fei and I will make you, if you won't go upstairs and lay down deliberately!"

Said girl now straightened herself to her full height and posed beside the young model.

Nathalie giggled, as she saw the stubborn look on their faces and gave in.

"Fine, but you have to help me to my feet and out of this corner, okay? Oh and you can close this door already, we're taking the rear one!", she said with a sheepish smile.

"So, you wanna go through the kitchen? Looking for leftovers or raid the fridge?", Fei mused.

"Just in that order. First I'm going to look for leftovers from today's lunch and then, I will raid the fridge. So, if you want something to eat too, I suggest, you'll hurry, because, once I get there...."

The teenagers laughed, knowing very well, that Nathalie was searching for something to eat most of the time, yet, due to the baby taking far too much space in her tummy, couldn't get large portions down anymore.