Support and Comfort

"I had totally forgotten, how much this hurts!", Nathalie panted with a forced smile on her lips, while Gabriel was holding her hand and tried to not look too worried at her.

"I'd wish, that there was something, I could do, my love!", he hummed ruefully and kissed her cheek. 

The designer was lying behind his wife, who was actually on her left side, trying to cope with the unbearable pain, doing his best to ease her agony by holding her in his arms, rubbing the small of her back, when a contraction hit her, while he let her squeeze his hand at the same time. 

She turned her head a little bit, to have a short glimpse at his face.

"There is something, you could do, darling! As the contractions are still rather irregular, you could go and look where Fei went and if she's feeling better now! I feel so bad for taking her with us. If I had known, that she would feel so affected by seeing me hurting, I would have told her to stay back at home or wait outside. But who could have known, that she would almost pass out, from just suffering with me!", Nathalie said, her voice emotional, yet also a little gloating. Though nice and kind to almost everyone, the girl had a tendency to be a bit too arrogant because of her skills and education. This little public display of showing weakness, was just humiliating enough, to teach her some modesty again! She would very soon understand that herself and maybe even be grateful.

Gabriel chuckled lightly, then asked her hesitantly:

"I will gladly do so, but are you sure, that you will be alright on your own? I know, when you had Fei, there was nobody with you and you were only fifteen, ....but, what if...... that caused some trauma, which will affect you now, as soon as I leave? I wouldn't want you to suffer even more because of that!"

"I wasn't saying, you should stay away, just, that I can handle some time on my own. I would very much prefer, that you hurry up and find her, so you can.....", she held her breath and cringed, her eyes shut, her brows furrowed, her lips pressed together, her legs pulled up to her belly, until the contraction was over and she could catch her breath, before she finished her words, "...where was I? Oh, right, I know! Just hurry to find her, so you can come back quickly!"

"I will, my dear! Is there anything, I can get you, while I'm out there anyway? Coffee? Food? Tea? A cold water or juice?"

"A cold drink would be nice! And I wouldn't reject some coffee either!", she told him and he nodded, to then slip into his shoes and place a gentle kiss on his wife's forehead, before walking out of the room into the wide, open hallway.

There he almost bumped into a confused looking, young couple, who was obviously searching for something.

"Father!"", Adrien blurted out happily, relieved to have eventually found the right floor and wing. 

"A-Adrien, Marinette! I thought you would be waiting back at home! Did anything happen?"

"We were just too impatient!", the half chinese girl admitted.

"Oh", Gabriel smirked, "anyway, I am glad, you're here. You didn't by any chance come across Fei? She...well..... had to leave the room some time ago, because she had almost fainted, so, they told her to get some air and maybe something to eat. Now Nathalie has asked me to go and look for her. But I would rather stay with my wife, who is still having only irregular contractions, but...you know...."

Adrien nodded then suggested:

"Let me go and look for her! She is my little sister now and therefor I somehow feel responsible and a little protective for her. Marinette can go to Nathalie with you, if that's okay? For both of you and you, M'lady!"