Siblings

"Hey, don't talk about yourself like that! You know, that you're saying stupid things! What bothered you so very much? I honestly find it really amazing, that you were empathizing so much with your mum, that you didn't feel good either. It's something only few people are able to!", Adrien cooed softly and lid carefully an arm around the younger girl's shoulder. Then he pulled her close, until she leaned her head against him and started to sob, the young man smiling at her compassionately, while he rubbed her upper arm up and down.

"Sh-she wanted me  to b-b-be there for her, A-Adrien! She wanted my support! A-And then? She had t-t-to worry about me, almost p-passing out on top of every-th-th-thing. I just feel like a failure!"

"Oh Fei, you're not. After all you had to go through already, you finally found people who love you and who are your family. Nobody would even think, you could be a failure. You are a pretty, young, strong, determined woman, who just won't admit, that even you have a weak side. Nathalie and the love you feel for her and our little sister! Come on, let's just get back to them and try to be there for each other. If you need some strong hand to hold you, I'll be there and I am certain, so will Marinette. Hiding here in the dark won't do you any good! What do you think?"

He jumped to his feet and held his hands out for her to reach.

"Let's go and be there, when our little sibling will be born, okay?"

Fei inhaled deeply, wiping her tears with her sleeve, then grabbed his hands and let him pull her up.

"Okay, I still don't want to miss it. I would have waited outside for the actual birth anyway, but I wanted to be her support, her kite string for the time before!", she explained wearily.

"Maybe you still can be! The baby isn't here yet, is it?", he chuckled and hooked a hand into her arm, "come on, time to go back!"

While they did so, Marinette and Gabriel were still trying to distract Nathalie from the actual pain.

"You don't have to start an entertainment program, Marinette. It's very sweet from you, but the pain is actually a part of the process!" 

While the teenager took a look at her phone, to check for any messages from her fiancé, she gazed at her husband and pleaded:

"Gabriel, could you help me up please? I feel like walking around for a little bit!"

He narrowed his eyes at her and reluctantly approached her.

"Of course, I'll help you, but are you sure?", he questioned.

Nathalie nodded.

"Very! I need to move right now or I will go completely crazy. It's still going to take some time, considering the rather random contractions and I know, that walking not only makes it easier to bear, but also may have an influence on the actual progress. Though the advice on the internet was referring to stairs, I don't really want to do that!"

Without another word, the man smiled and helped her stand up, Marinette quickly holding out a hand too, offering:

"I can walk with you, if you like. Maybe you would like to try the stairs anyway. A little bird told me, you might find someone there!"

Nathalie looked baffled.

"A little bird?", she pryed.

"Maybe it was more of a black cat, but....", she mused with a widening smirk and the woman in labour gasped.

"He found Fei?", she gushed out and Marinette nodded.

"He did! They are on their way. I just figured, we could go and meet them, as you wanted to take a little walk anyway. Except, you wanted to stay in your room, to do your walking. I wasn't trying to get you into any uncomfortable or dreadful situation!"