Attending school

"I am sure, you would like to go to school with Adrien and Marinette, right?", Nathalie asked her daughter as they were all sitting on the table, having breakfast together.

Fei nodded as she had her mouth full with porridge right now. She swallowed hard and took a big gulp of her café au lait.

"I would love to. If they will let me. It obviously was a problem for some other kid, to attend in the middle of the year", she replied.

Now Nathalie beamed at her widely.

"Well, if you want, I can handle that, what do you think?"

Fei shrugged.

"I would like that, but what are you going to tell them, why you are handling that? I mean, you're his assistant right, and responsible for everything concerning Adrien, what are you going to tell them, who I am?", she asked reluctantly.

Nathalie hesitated shortly.

"I was going to tell them the truth but if you don't want anyone to know, that I am your mother, I'll tell them that you are our visitor and stay for a while...I", she swallowed heavily, tears brimming her eyes.

The young woman noticed and jumped to her feet to hug her tightly.

"That wasn't what I meant, Ma. I would feel honoured, if they knew, that I am your daughter. I was just scared, it might get you into some trouble, because of the talk. I wouldn't mind, keeping it a secret, to not damage any of your reputations!"

"Oh well, I didn't think...", Nathalie began, but Gabriel interrupted her.

"There is no need to think about that, Nathalie. If you want to make her your official daughter, I will call André right now and he will handle that. What do you think?"

"What?"

Both women gasped in unison.

Nathalie took Fei's hand.

"That's your decision, honey. If you want to officially become my daughter, then we can do it as Gabriel just said. He and the Mayor are old friends, that's why he suggested that!", she said quietly, while her face had turned a whiter shade of pale.

"W-would that mean, taking your name as well?", Fei asked shyly.

"Well, not necessarily, only if you wanted to. But I would understand, if you would rather keep your father's name!", Nathalie explained.

"So, I could keep my name and have yours at the same time too, right? Like Marinette has her father's and her mother's name?", she asked excitedly now.

Nathalie smiled at her happily, after hearing her daughter being so enthusiastic about taking her name.

Only Gabriel narrowed his brows, as he said:

"It wouldn't make sense, to take the name Sancoeur just now, Fei. You should rather consider, to take the name Agreste as your last name, as your mother will hopefully do that too, very soon!"

Marinette, who was the only one, who had instantly understood, what Gabriel was hinting at, squealed in a high pitched tone, then shouted:

"Oh my gosh, that's so cute. Not the classic proposal, but still so cute!"

"Propo....oh Bugaboo, you're right, I didn't even get it. But if they get married, Fei will be my step sister. Yeah, father is right, you should go for Agreste already then!"

Fei now understood, that Gabriel had just kinda asked Nathalie to marry him, too and beamed blissfully at her mother.

The assistant was the only one, who didn't react at all. All that could be seen, was all remaining colours leaving her face and she closed her eyes, while her hands grabbed the table in front of her very firmly.

Gabriel noticed that she wasn't feeling good and crouched down beside her chair, asking worriedly:

"Nathalie, what's wrong? Aren't you feeling well?"

He placed his left hand on top of her right and she immediately grabbed it and squeezed it strongly.

"How can I help you, my love?", he asked antsily and squeezed her hand gently back , to encourage her.

She slowly opened her eyes and stared at him.

"I think I need some fresh air!", she muttered through gritted teeth, "would you mind helping me outside? I feel, as if I am about to pass out right now!"

The designer looked concerned now.

"Wouldn't it be better, if you lied down then? Come, I'll carry you upstairs!"

"I just told you I...oh no...!", she covered her mouth with both hands now and tried to keep herself from throwing up right onto the table.

Fei had somehow foreseen, what was about to happen and had grabbed the big bowl, the buns were in, emptying it onto the table and handing it over to the adults.

Nathalie immediately reached for it and Gabriel helped her with holding it, while she was violently gagging to then empty all her stomach contents into the glass vessel.

Adrien quickly pushed back his chair and mumbled:

"Excuse me, please!", to then run out of the room and into his own.

The girls looked at each other and giggled.

Fei looked at Marinette with a mischievous grin.

"You, sister, should really try to take care of that contraception problem very soon, if your man shows such a strong reaction to a pregnant woman, throwing up!", she mocked her.

"Why are you assuming all the time, that we will take that step that fast?"

"Because I could hear you last night and this morning!"

"But, we didn't do anything this morning, we were fast asleep, until you knocked on the door!", Marinette told her.

Gabriel now cleared his throat audibly, his face scarlet red.

"Oh!", the girls exclaimed in unison, to then starte to giggle again.

Nathalie, who was still throwing up, could barely hold herself up from laughing and choked on her vomit, which instantly started to become a severe sounding coughing fit.

When she finally could stop coughing and throwing up, her head was deep red, her nose was running and tears were streaming down her cheeks from the straining.

"Feeling a little better, Mrs Agreste!", Gabriel asked her with a tender smile, making her slap his upper arm.

"Will you please stop that?", she ranted hoarsely.

"Why, don't you want to become my wife?", he asked in a hurt tone.

"What do you think, Gabriel?", she now said softly and cupped his cheek with one of her small, soft hands.