Blood

A/N: Hey guys, just a little information, I started a new story and I wanted to know, should I already post the first chapter or wait until a few are finished?

Nathalie had a strange feeling, when she woke up in the morning and went to the toilet. After emptying her lately always full bladder, she wiped her ladyparts and paled immediately. There was blood. Not much, but enough to scare her.

"Gabriel!", she called anxiously, making him jump out of his bed and run towards her, just from the tone in her voice.

"Nathalie, what is it?", he asked worriedly, then saw the red stains and instantly he crouched down in front of her and pulled the crying woman into his arms.

She clang on to his neck, as if she was drowning, sobbing heavily. Though being just as scared, Gabriel tried to sooth her and whispered:

"Please, love, don't get yourself worked up so much. Maybe it's nothing bad. Let me get you back into bed and then I'll call your doctor, okay?"

She nodded, still crying and let him pick her up to carry her back to the bed, where he laid her carefully down and pecked her lips very tenderly. Then he reached for his phone and called Nathalie's gynaecologist, explaining the situation to him.

The doctor reacted rather calm and told him, that a light bleeding might be normal and no need to worry especially after having sexual intercourse. He immediately informed the anxious woman, making her sigh in relief.

"The doctor asked, if you are experiencing any pain", he then wanted to know.

Nathalie shook her head.

Gabriel told him and the physician said, no pain was a good sign and that she should stay in bed and not get up except for bathroom issues. If the bleeding became worse, they should instantly call an ambulance, and if it stopped or kept to the very light bleeding, he would come by and do an examination later that day.

"So you wouldn't recommend, that I took her to the hospital right away?", he interrogated the doctor now, to then repeat the man's answer to Nathalie:

"No, because as long as it's not getting worse, you'll be much less excited and afraid, when you just stay here and try to get some rest. And of course, doctor, I will stay with her and take care of all her wishes and needs. That goes without questioning. If I was to decide, I wouldn't let her do anything at all anyway, but, well, she's kinda stubborn, so, I just do, what she tells me to do!"

He listened shortly, then chuckled.

"Yes, I am fully aware, that I sound like a husband already!"

That made even Nathalie giggle a little bit.

The caring man took a hold of her hand and squeezed it gently, while he said goodbye to the gynaecologist until later. Then he placed himself next to her and pulled her into his arms, his hand rubbing her belly. With a tender smile he kissed her lips.

"I want you to just stay in that bed and relax, my love. I'll go and get you for breakfast, whatever you wish for, then I'll take care of getting the children off to school on time. And if you want me to, I'll come back after that and stay with you. If you'd rather be on your own, that's fine with me too. The only thing important for the next six months and three weeks is, that you and our little peacock are safe!"

"Peacock?" she asked while quirking an eyebrow.

He shrugged.

"Well, if you'll take another look at that ultrasound picture, you'll notice, that our baby looks a little bit like a peanut. And that made me think of Duusu, who has a similar shape by the way, and just like that, I thought of this tiny prove of our love as a little peacock. I hope you don't get angry because of that!"

But Nathalie was crying again, yet this time because his words had touched her so much.

"Oh damn it, Gabriel, that was so sweet. Come here!"

And then she kissed him passionately.

When the doctor arrived in the early afternoon, the bleeding had already stopped and he could calm the concerned couple a lot.

"It seems, as if it really was caused by the sexual intercourse, don't worry, you didn't hurt your woman", he added after seeing Gabriel's shocked expression. "It's just, that your intimate area is much better supplied with blood, and therefor, a tiny scratch, in combination with the usual fluids, that are produced when you become aroused, make a few droplets of blood look like a lot. It's similar to a little injury in your mouth. By getting mixed with the saliva, it seems like a lot more, than it actually is. But I brought a portable ultrasound machine, so I can make sure, that the baby is alright!"

"Thank you!", Nathalie whispered hoarsely and grabbed Gabriel's hand in relief.

While the physician was still searching for the baby and the fetal heartbeat, the door to their room swung open and Fei barged inside. Seeing her mother in the middle of an examination, she apologized immediately.

"Oh my, I am so sorry, I'll be just outside!"

But the pregnant woman called her back:

"Fei, wait. Would you like to hear your little siblings heartbeat?", she asked with a loving smile.

The young Chinese stared at her for a moment, then looked at Gabriel:

"I would love to, if you're both okay with me being here!"

The designer nodded with a smile, then looked at his fiancée.

"Would you still feel comfortable, if Adrien would come too? I don't want to keep him from something special like that, when his sister to be can hear it!", he asked carefully.

"Oh, he went directly into his room with Marinette and I am not sure, after the way, they looked at each other, that I would like to interrupt them right now. He also told me, to tell you, that he loves you a lot and that he's thinking of you, though I consider that a lie, or he is really sick, if he thinks of the woman he sees as his mum, while doing 'that'! What I really wanted to say, just let him come with you next time. Sorry for the babbling, I spent too much time with Marinette, I think. How are you doing? You're smiling, so I guess, the baby is alright?", Fei gushed out in only a few seconds.

"More than alright. He or she is already moving, though completely uncontrolled, and the heartbeat is just as strong, as it was a couple of days ago. So just relax and don't worry anymore. I would suggest to stay in bed for the rest of the day anyway, and take it slow for let's say a week, but after that, you can do whatever you feel good to do!", the doctor now told them.

Nathalie let out the air audibly.

Fei giggled and asked her teasingly:

"Are you just relieved, because the baby is okay, or because you don't have to relinquish having sex for the next months?"

Her mother tried to give her an angry look but failed completely, when her chin began to twitch and she started to laugh.

"Both!", she then admitted.

Laughing the females hugged, while Gabriel said:

"I'll accompany the doctor outside, so you can have some time for just the two of you. I am sure, Fei wants to tell you about last night!"

He had winked, while he said the last sentence and made the teenager blush instantly, becoming aware, that they had probably heard them.