What's taking so long?

Gabriel, Nathalie and Fei had left for the hospital half an hour later and now, after four hours, the youn couple, who had stayed behind, hadn't heard a word.

"I'll go check my phone again!", Marinette mumbled for the certainly hundredth time and walked from the sofa to Adrien's desk, where she had plugged it in to charge, to return to him with a disappointed expression.

"Nothing! What about yours?", she asked the young man, who was absentmindedly chewing his fingernails.

"Huh? What did you say?", he said, jolting into a straight position, from the half sitting, half lying one, he had been in.

"Don't tell me, you fell asleep in a situation like that, Adrien!", the female scolded him.

"Of course not!", he exclaimed, "I was just lost in thoughts. I mean, so many things did happen in such a short period of time. I can't wait, to meet my little sister, I can't wait, to marry the woman of my dreams and I am looking forward to visiting Kagami and Fei in the new school, maybe even go there over the spring break and after our graduation, to help them built it anew, if you would like that too, of course!"

And....", he paused and gave her an odd glare, making her tilt her head and reach for his hand.

"And?", she asked nervously, because he looked as if he had something to confess. The eighteen year old cleared his throat.

"Well.....and, I can't wait, to start and try for....you know....our own..... uhm, baby. Only if you would want that too, of course!", he stammered reluctantly, then looked down for a moment, before he faced his fiancee again.

Marinette had blushed from just the thought, but as they weren't talking about the matter for the first time, she sighed.

"Oh Minou! You know, that I want to wait with that! At least until we're both independent and in a place of our own, have finished our education and maybe travelled for some time and as well had some alone time for just the two of us.
I am totally with you though, when you say, it's better to have them while we're young, but let's at least try to grow up ourselves and figure out, how to make responsible decisions for only us, before we even consider to be able to take care of a little human, who would depend on us in everything. Wouldn't you think, that makes sense, Adrien?", she tried to make him understand, where she was coming from.

He took a deep breath, then smiled at her widely, to peck her cheek and admit:

"I know, that you are right with all the things you say, but that doesn't mean, that we can't already work on our technique, right?"

He wiggled his eyebrows, as he spoke.

"But seriously, Bugaboo, I do understand you very well. And I probably sound a little old fashioned, when I tell you, that I wanted to get married first anyway! But, despite the fact, that I am old fashioned, when it comes to that, it will leave most certainly enough time for you and me, to spend on our own, before we even start our attempts. And, 'if' we were going to Shanghai for some time, it would delay everything even more. Do you think, you can agree on that?"

Marinette looked at him pensively, then nodded. 

"Actually, that sound great. And I'd love to help, build that school, but.....what about our own education? When are we going to do that? You know, that I always wanted to be...."

"A designer, yeah! But I can't see the issue in that. I am sure, my dad will gladly help you to become one, without all the things, other young men and women have to go through, so, it's a win-win situation, right?", he interrupted the girl. 

"Actually, it's not, Adrien! I want to work for my position, like all the others and I want to get it, because I am better and worked harder!", she explained wearily. "Letting your father help me, would only make me feel bad. I would always think, that I don't deserve it!"

The young man scoffed:

"But Marinette, you are incredibly talented. why should you think you wouldn't deserve a position just because of just this talent? Why should you get any less chances, just because others are less talented?  I will talk to father and ask him about his opinion and then we can all have a talk together and see, how we can handle all of that in the future!"

"Okay, I guess, you're right. But now, let's just go to the hospital and see, how they are doing! I am too antsy to stay here! Oh wait, someone's calling me. Crap, it's Nathalie's grandfather. Would you handle that please?", the half Chinese pleaded, still self conscious of herself, trying to speak in the man's and her mother's language. But her boyfriend shook his head.

"This is the perfect opportunity for you to find out, if you're making progress! He does speak French, if he wants to and you know, that he always makes an exception for you, if you can't understand him, right?", he encouraged her and she answered the call  reluctantly, but at least her first words were correct.

Trying to not let her notice, that he was listening in to the conversation, the teenager tried to look busy, typing something on his phone, until his fiancée was done with her talk.

"Well?", he asked.

"I know, that you were listening. I think, he wanted to know, where Nathalie and Fei are and I hope, I told him, that they are in the hospital, because the baby is about to be born!", she informed him with a shy smile.

Adrien laughed at her.

"From what I heard, you made just a few mistakes, which are rather common, I make them too sometimes. He certainly told you, that you did well, right?"

Marinette shrugged.

"Maybe? I am not sure, what he said last!", she giggled and the young man soon joined her.

"Well, Bugaboo, let's get going then, because I can't bear the waiting any longer either!", her fiance now suggested and she agreed. 

Short time later they were sitting in the back of the car, while Adrien's bodyguard was driving them to the hospital, where Nathalie was about to give birth in.