Unexpected events

"Uh-huh!", Fei picked up her phone in the middle of the night, to hear Gabriel yell at her in a nervous tone:

"The baby is coming, you need to return home right away!"

"What?"

She was immediately fully awake and jumped to her feet.

"I'll be there in a few minutes!", she exclaimed and sneaked out of her hotel room into a hidden alley, where she could secretly transform into Ladydragon. Only a couple of minutes later, she arrived at the mansion back in Paris and stormed inside, where she froze in the spot, as a choir of people shouted:

"Happy birthday, Fei!"

After getting over the first shock, she looked around at the decorations in the atrium and the people, who were coming to her and hugged her. Nathalie and Gabriel were the last and the pregnant woman now laid both arms around her first born child and whispered:

"Sorry for the little lie, but I thought, you would like to celebrate on your actual birthday, instead of the one in your ID, as it's a day too late. Happy seventeenth, my pretty girl!"

She didn't know, what to say and just kissed her mum's cheek, to then hug her tightly.

"That's so sweet from all of you!", she eventually got out. "Thank you for taking all the effort just for me! Lucky, that we have that time gap, or grandfather and grandmother would be worried about me disappearing!"

Gabriel chuckled.

"They know, that we had a 'surprise' for you, though they are thinking, it's happening in Shanghai. But let me embrace you too, new daughter!", he mused and did just that, "congratulations, Fei!"

"Thanks, new dad!", she said jokingly back, then looked around until she found her girlfriend.

Kagami had been waiting for everybody to be done, before she dragged her out of the room to entangle her into a passionate kiss.

"I missed you", she said, "I know, it's only been three days, but I did anyway!"

Fei beamed at her widely.

"I missed you too. Do we have to go back at the party? I'd rather..."

She wiggled her eyebrows to her words.

"Yeah, me too, but sadly....!", Kagami laughed and laid her arms around the other girl, "I love you, birthday girl!"

"I love you too!"

They stayed there for a little longer, kissing and making out, when they could hear a sudden gasping and screaming from the other room and quickly ran inside, to see a large fontaine of champagne covering everything and everyone. Somehow Adrien had managed to shake the enormous, three liter bottle so much before he opened it, that it had kind of exploded.

"Damn it, dude, what are you doing?", Nino, who was here as DJ tonight, exclaimed.

The model shrugged.

"I have no idea. I only grabbed it out of the fridge and the moment I started to open it, it got out of control and the cork almost hit Marinette in the head. Good thing, she's used to little accidents and could dodge the darn thing!"

Said girl approached them and said mockingly:

"Yeah, and also it was a good thing, that I saw, 'how' you took it out of the fridge and how many times you turned it upside down, to check. if it's the right bottle. Otherwise I wouldn't have been able to dodge that quickly. Now try to get some of the stuff into the glasses, Kitty!"

"Okay, okay!", Adrien exclaimed and went to the table, where the glasses were already set in a long row. As soon as evrybody had one of their own, except for Nathalie, who had rejected even the tiniest bit of it in her orange juice, he held his glass high above his head and shouted: