61 | Walima II

━━━─── • ───━━━

Amir •

The whole time Amir was chatting with Darren and Colin about politics, he was singing a song to Luna in his head, trying desperately not to think about sex with her right now. It wasn't like he was some horny guy who wanted to jump her bones all the time, but it was just that intense urge to do all the things married couples do. He was ready to take her up to the room he prepared and show her how his wife will always be treated. She will always have rose petals on their bed, fruit juice on the side in a champagne glass, and anything else she liked to eat, waiting for her.

The guys then begin talking about the best teams in the world.

Please keep talking about The Lakers. Please keep talking about The Saints. Please keep talking about the L.A. Rams. I don't care.

Amir's urgency to be with his wife was overwhelming at times.

Sarah distracted him by running up to his body, wrapping her tiny hands around his waist. "You okay, Daddy?"

Daddy? She called me Daddy, and Luna missed it.

He looked over at her adorable face and grinned. "Yes, I am, sweetheart. How about you?"

"I'm good. I like your suit." Amir chuckled. He reached down and picked her up.

"Luna!" He heard Liberty yell as she and his wife strolled into the great room. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I have to tell my husband," Luna blurted out, glancing at the room, who all stopped what they were doing to see what was going on. "He and his family have a right to know."

"Know what, baby?" Amir asked, with Sarah in his arms.

She came forward, and he handed Sarah over to her. "Sarah, honey, can you go with Mera to the playroom for a bit? Mommy has something important to discuss with the group."

"Okay." Sarah looked down and frowned. "If it's about grandmama and grandpapa, you should tell them."

"What's going on?" Adnan uttered from the doorway where Cami and Faisal were standing.

"They're connected. They don't have their powers yet," Sarah said, glancing back at him.

The whole room's jaws dropped open, including Amir's.

Irfan Bhatti was in a room praying. Amir wasn't sure if he knew about their anomalies. The pastor did because he was a Tethered Soul.

But what did this mean about his parents?

"Sarah, sweetheart," Amir murmured toward her as she caught his gaze. "What do you mean by my parents?"

"They are paired souls. You and Uncle Addy were born from Pure Souls because their powers haven't become active yet."

"I'm sorry," Maryam said, standing up. "Can someone explain to us what's going on? What powers? What do you mean by being 'paired'?"

Holy crap!

This cannot be true. How did Luna and Sarah know this?

Now, Amir had to explain to his parents about their genetic abilities. He'd explained this scenario so many times to other people, that he was blue in the face.

"I'm confused," Adnan said, taking a step closer. "What the hell is going on?"

"Adnan!" Nasir exclaimed. "Watch your tongue, young man!"

"Sorry, Father. It will not happen again."

Glancing at his mother, Maryam pleaded with her eyes for Amir to give her an answer. So he and the group sat his family down, explaining what was going on. Liberty took Sarah to the bathroom and then to the drawing room so everyone could talk.