63 | Desire

━━━─── • ───━━━

Luna •

Staring, Luna smiled and kissed Amir's lips. Stepping around her, he pressed a button on the sound system as a soft melody played through the speakers.

Pulling her close to his chest, he began swaying to the music, whispering, "I can't help but pull my wife close and dance with her. We've only gotten to dance one time tonight."

She sighed. "Considering all the information we had just learned, having a normal celebration and walima was far from my mind."

He sucked in a deep breath and looked into her eyes. "How do you feel about that?"

"Scared. Afraid. Wishing I didn't have this . . . power. I understand now why there are people who want their powers eliminated." A tear slipped from her eyes, but he caught it with his thumb. "Sorry. I'm just . . . rattled."

"Don't let it worry you."

Amir twirled her around as her body knocked quickly against his broad chest, his eyes burning with desire as he sang the lyrics toward her ear.

🎶 I'll always be with you, you're always
in my mind and in my heart.
And I never forget you.
I'm always missing you,
even when I'm with you.

"You know I love this song," she whispered, her arms holding him tight.

"I do, Moon."

"And I love it, even more, when I hear you sing it to me," she said, biting her lip.

"I'll make sure to remember that."

She let out a soft laugh. "Mm."

When the song finished, he turned their bodies around and brought her hands up to his lips, kissing her knuckles softly.

Moving closer to his clean-shaven face, inhaling his strong, pine scent, she whispered, "Tumhaari aawaaz khud hi mauseeqi hai."

She sensed it made him feel warm and fuzzy inside when she told him 'his voice itself was music.'

Reaching over to grab a bottle of fruit juice, he poured a small amount into two wine glasses, then handed her one. "To our future," he said, clicking them together.

"To taking the next step and living life as one."

"As one, Moon."

After taking a few small sips, he laid their glasses down on the end table and unbuttoned his shirt as her eyes raked up and down his body. Slowly settling over her, he placed both of his hands on either side of her face, slightly cooling her hair around her forehead with his breath.

Leaning forward, she felt the electricity between them snap and pull, like it was a tug-of-war between two actions. The electricity pulled harder, winning the battle. A wild and hot feeling rose deep from the pit of her stomach, pulsing quickly inside her skin.

She lifted her hands and thrust them into his hair, tugging him closer. Her husband's intense gaze suddenly closed as she ran a thumb over his lips, feeling him suck on the tip of her finger. She began moving her hands across his chest and down his arms, pulling at his waist as his arousal hit her core.