{Book Three} 161 | Condition

ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ Tethered ﮩ٨ـﮩﮩ٨ـ

Chapter 35

━━─── • ───━━━

Luna

Luna was one step closer to hurling all over the floor.

This . . . this being . . . wanted her to be with him. He wanted Sarah to join his psychotic secret society? Nausea and panic rapidly invaded her bloodstream.

Enzo wanted them to forget about Amir, the person they loved most.

Her husband lost it. Amir jumped to the first step before Zander and Greer caught him. He spewed F-bomb combinations she didn't know existed.

"Are you freakin' insane?" Amir yelled. His eyes were bright white as he fought the two men. "You scumbag!"

Enzo frowned. "I suppose you don't want my support."

Amir's body struggled, illuminating the vault. "Forget it. It's no longer worth it, and when I'm done with you, nobody will recognize you."

Enzo coldly glanced at him, raising one large shoulder. "That's what I—"

He received another F-bomb from Amir. "You're an idiot if you think I'll give up my wife and daughter. A cold-hearted jerk."

Luna's stomach sank after Enzo smirked. "You don't have to accept my offer. Otherwise, go."

Amir surged onward, nearly dragging Greer and Zander down. When he unleashed another rage, Luna's heart hammered like thunder.

"Is that it, Enzo?" she croaked. "You won't help us without that condition?"

He nodded. "I didn't stutter."

"And you won't be able to talk again once I tear your tongue out of your throat and feed it to the birds outside," Amir growled.

Enzo locked his gaze on Luna, warning her that he would not back down. She and Amir's family could be captured if they leave without this community's help, so she must consider staying with this man to prevent the world from going back hundreds of years.

She couldn't allow that.

None of them could.

Realization churned her stomach. She had to give in to Enzo. That was it. There was no alternative.

Luna's hands trembled when she stretched them down her sides. "Amir."

He didn't hear her because his attention was focused on Enzo. Tensions rose inside him. Every breath was straining. Her husband looked like a bottle about to explode.

"Could everyone please give us a few minutes alone?" Luna asked.

Enzo waved vaguely. "I have unlimited time. You guys? Not so much. Figure this shit out. Fast."

Amir twitched. "You crazy son of—"

"Amir!" When Luna brushed his shoulder, he turned toward her with piercing eyes. "We need to—"

"We're not talking about anything," he panted. "I need to end his pathetic—"

"No," she responded to Amir's furious glare. "You're better than this. Better than your swearing. Let's talk."

"I won't lose my family." He stared at Enzo and back at her. "If you want to know exactly what I intend to do with the bastard, we can talk as much as you want, Moon."