36

CORBYNS POV
I wake up next to Daniel. I remember what happened last night and I sigh. I sit up on the edge of the bed and I just shake my head. Daniel wakes up and he kisses me.
D: morning baby.
C: morning
D: what's wrong?
C: nothing I just can't help but think that last night was a mistake.
D: Corbyn come on. Listen to yourself.
C: I am Daniel! What if I get hurt? What if it's the same as last time? I can't go through that again. It was so painful for me. How do I know your not going to leave?
D: baby listen I love you. I do and I don't want to hurt you but maybe if that's how you feel we shouldn't be together.
C: but-
D: no buts Corbyn! You can't handle being in a relationship. That's why I left that's why Jonah left!

A tear starts to fall down my face. I just stand there in shock thinking, Brianna was right. I was absolutely speechless. I walk to the kitchen and pour me a glass of wine. Daniel tried to speak to me but I just ignore him.
D: Corbyn I didn't mean it. I'm sorry. I love you and I would never do anything to hurt you.
C: but you did.  Can you just go please? Give the boys my love.

Daniel walks out of the door. I lock the door and I just hit the ground. I was hoping that it wouldn't be true. I wish he would take it back.
I get up off the floor and I just grab my glass of wine. I head into my room and I just cry and drink the wine. I put on a sweater and I walk on the beach.  I head up to the boardwalk and I sit at the end of it. I feel someone grab my shoulder and I get up and punch them. I then realized that it was Daniel.
C: why are you here? I thought you left.
D: I knew you were going to be here. Listen Corbyn I love you. I didn't mean what I said earlier.
C: I know but it's true. I can't handle it. I don't want to have to go through that pain again. It scares me. I love you Dani but I don't think I can go through that again.
I start crying and Daniel hugs me and I just cry into his chest.
D: it's ok love.
C: but it's not. I hate it so much.  As much as I love you were too toxic for each other.
D: I'm not letting you leave.
C: Daniel.
D: I'm serious Corbyn.
C: ok. Well can we at least go in the house?
D: I guess. Only because I want to cuddle you. Look about earlier, I love you. I don't like seeing you sad. I need you. When I'm away from you I feel like I can't breathe.
C: I know you love me. But I can't just not stay guarded because you say you love me and then I not feel it. I feel it now but when am I not going to feel it.
D: I know love. I know. I'm scared too. I don't want to hurt you or push you away. I don't want you not to feel my love.
C: I know. Can we talk about this later? I wanna see the boys.
D: ok.
I get in my car and I drive over to the house. I open the door and see Ethan and Aiden.
E: mama!
A: mama!
They both run up and hug me.
C: hi my beautiful boys. Let's go home.

The boys get in the back of the car and I drive home.
C: alright go up and play.
E: mama? Can we watch a movie now?
C: not now honey later. Ok?
E: ok
Ethan and Aiden run upstairs and head into their room. I go into mine and lay on the bed.  I see Daniel on the bed. I lay down next to him and I kiss him. He kisses me back. His lips travel down my neck and I let out a small whimper.
C: we can't.
D: why.
C: the kids are here.
D: so?
C: Daniel no.
D: fine.
C: what's your problem?
D: nothing.
C: no seriously what's your problem?
D: you are Corbs!
C: how many times do I have to tell you not to call me that! You know I hate that name!
D: well guess what it's your name! Gosh why can't we just act like adults instead you acting like a child? You are so damn childish!
C: this is exactly what I meant! You say you love me but I don't feel a thing! Where did that love go Daniel? You know what just get out!

Daniel slams the door in his way out. I remember that the boys were home. They run down to my room and run up to me.
E: mama ok?
A: mama don't cry!
C: I'm not boys. I love you both very much. Come on. Go get your shoes we're going to auntie Brianna's today.
They get their shoes and I put them on for them. We all get in the car, the boys in their car seats and I drive to Brianna's house. We all get out and I knock on the door.
B: Corbyn.
C: you know, you were right. I need to go but can the boys stay here for now?
B: sure. I'll see you later.
C: yeah bye.