Apologies and Talks

Tang's pov

As I walked towards my husband, I saw both shock and surprise flash through his eyes.

"Welcome back husband," I said with a smile plastered on my face, I was genuinely happy that he came back safe from the hunt.

"I'm back wife," he says with a stoic face, but you could still hear the slight joy in his voice.

I understand why he is happy, truly. When you have someone to welcome you back home, No matter who it is, it means you are not alone, and when you have someone to say welcome back to, it means you are also not alone, and It felt good.

"Did you have a good hunt?" I asked cheerfully.

"Yes," he responded in a flat voice.

"Go in, and take a shower then come eat some food," I told him as took the pheasant he hunted today from him, and he slowly nodded as he went in the house.

"I'm sorry, but my husband came back, I have to go and tend his needs," I say as I faked an apologetic voice to the two uninvited guests, standing in front of the house looking like they just ate a fly.

"It's okay, we just wanted you to know you're invited to our union ceremony." Song Shi was the first one to respond, scared that Wan Tian would say something that he would regret.

"Ok, thank you for letting me know, do be careful on your way out," I said with a gentle smile and waved my hands politely.

A/N Pov

As Tang Shushui did these gestures two men who were passing by and happen to see them, were genuinely surprised that The Wicked Ger could smile so gently and act so politely.

But what about the rumors that he's crazy and almost beat Wan Tian's bride-to-be? Is it all a lie? They decided to test it for themselves.

"Hey Tang Shushui," one of the men decided to call politely.

"Hey Zhao Lui," Tang Shushui called back cheerfully with a beautiful gentle smile on his face.

"Do you see that Wang Chen, a goddess reincarnate," he said, dazed from being mesmerized by Tang Shushui's smile.

"I see it, brother Lui, his mom didn't name him wrong he is as gentle as water. " Wang Chen said equally mesmerized.

"You're right," echoed Zhao Lui

" Goodbye I have to go in now," said Tang Shuhui as he walked back inside the house.

When he got inside the house he went straight to the kitchen to check up on the rice, the rice and pork were cooked so he to some wooden plates and distributed the food on the plates. He took some eggplants, tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and sweet onions and stirfried them with salt, black pepper a little lime juice, and pre-prepared pork broth season. He stir-fried them till the sweet potatoes were soft enough to bite into, he then put them in a wooden bowl. He wanted to use porcelain since he had some in his space, but the mothers would totally freak out.

Tang's Pov

As I finished arranging the table, Jiang Yanwei came with a cleaned pheasant inside.

"Husband I could've cleaned it," I said as I frowned, I would just be heartless if I let my husband who just came from a long hunt to clean the pheasant.

" It's okay wife, I cleaned it before I showered," he explained. At first, I didn't get it, but then I did, he thought I was worried that he would waste the water I got today. Since he was hunting today I went and got some water, but he thinks he's not allowed to use it because I got the water.

"That's not what I mean husband," I said as mentally facepalmed. "You spent a long and rough day out hunting and now coming back you had to crouch and clean the pheasant, I was worried you wore yourself out. Ok? Now you just sit down and eat." I said as pushed a plate of rice and pork to him.

He looked at me slightly taken back but I could see that he was appreciative of my words. After five minutes the food cooled down and I went to call the kids, and the mothers came back. They all sat down and I could tell they were hungry especially for the pork that was in the rice.

The mothers did question about the food and I looked at my husband as if saying 'didn't you talk to them?' as if he understood he told them that they talked about it and he would tell them more details about it later. After that, the dinner went smoothly and quietly but quiet was not an awkward one but a comfortable one.

After dinner, I went to Nang Haoyu's house with a big bowl of rice and a smaller one that had the side dish in it.

"Is anybody here," I called out but not too loud.

"Yes." I hear a faint voice and immediately my eyes were red and brimmed with tears, his voice was identical to that of Haoyu's in his past life. I quickly wiped his tears when he heard footsteps approaching.

"Yes, what do you want?" He said in a sassy voice but no matter how hard he tried you could still hear the cracking in his voice.

"I'm here to apologize for everything," I said as I try hard for my voice not to crack, but I failed miserably as fat, salty drops run down my cheeks.

"Now you've come to you're senses," he said as he fully gave in to the tears.

"I have Haohao, I have," I said as put the food down on a mini stool and pulled him into a hug.

We cried for about 7 minutes, but I reminded him of the food and not to let it get cold, after that I played with Cai'er for a couple of minutes and fed him. He liked the pork very much, after that I greeted Haoyu's husband, I asked Haoyu I could talk to them and he said yes.

" I want you guys to move in with me," I stated very bluntly and they looked at each other both confused. "I will clothe and feed you guys no worries we have an extra room for you, Haohao will help me with housework and you could help Yanwei with the hunts, we could work together and I know you will try and be polite, don't. I truly want to live with you guys you know." I pleaded.

Surprisingly they agreed and they thanked me, they said they didn't know how they would survive the winter because the house was falling apart, and Zheng Lingyun lost his job, throughout the whole explanation he looked embarrassed, I of course scolded him for that. How could he be embarrassed to ask for help?

We came to an agreement and they would move in within a week, I went back home with a smile painted on my face, not knowing the people who were currently wishing I was dead.