Hypocrite

"My! Sister-in-law what a feast!" First Sister-in-law Jiang said, her eyes filled with greed.

"It's all thanks to my daughter-in-law." Mother Jiang responded, neither too arrogant nor too humble.

"Enough chitchat let's eat!" Old Lady Jiang interrupted and instructed as she waved her hand.

That being said, the Jiang family started to put food in their bowl. The pork was very neat, and almost looked symmetric how it was cut. It was so pretty and clear. It looked like jade. The family all gulped looking at the caramelized pork in front of them. They all eagerly took the pork belly from the pot.

The meat was very soft and tender. It was so soft that it melted on one's tongue with just one bite. As soon as they took a bite the soft meat melted on their tongues, and immediately there was a burst of flavor in their mouths. They tasted sweet, sour, salty, and fat but it was not greasy. The delicious taste lasted in their mouth for a long time. The more they chewed the more flavorful the meat was. The white rice and the pork balanced each other out. 

They greedily looked into the pot and saw the sauce in the pot, and immediately picked up their spoon and poured some on their rice. Immediately the rice was coated with a shiny coat of red sauce, and the aroma of the fatty meat was even stronger than before. They stirred the rice and took a bite. Now each grain of rice had the savory taste of the braised pork.

The family basically gobbled up the rice and pork. Then they moved on to the noodles. The noodle was made with white flour which is very expensive and rare amongst villagers. They took their chopsticks and brought a mouthful of noodles towards their mouth. Immediately their nostril was perpetuated with a fragrant scent of chicken. Unlike the pork belly, the fragrance was light and mild, but it still smelled very appetizing. 

They didn't hesitate to take a mouthful of noodle. The delicious taste of chicken invaded their tastebuds. The flavor was so light, as if soothing and appeasing the stomach. It kept you wanting more. Immediately they stuffed their mouth with more noodles. They moved to every single dish on the table and basically devoured them. The food brought by the Old Jiang family stayed untouched. When they finished they all felt full and satisfied, the kids' bellies were full and rounded.

The Old Jiang family looked at their eldest brother's family who was calmly seated across from them. They were suddenly filled with envy thinking that their brother's family ate good food like this every day. Old Lady Jiang was even more reluctant to let her eldest son's family go just like that. If they were still part of their family her youngest son wouldn't have to worry about food or school tuition while her youngest daughter would be able to have a good marriage.

"Neice Chu Hua where did you get those earrings?" Jiang Xingjuang asked her eyes full of longing toward the earrings. She had jewelry but she only had two silver earrings and a silver bracelet, even that amount of jewelry was very rare in the village, and she was always proud because of that. But now she saw her little niece wearing a pair of white jade earrings like it was nothing, and a sudden feeling of envy rose within her.

"My gege bought it for me." Jiang Chu Hua responded with a smile on her face.

Jiang Xingjuang could only shut her mouth after hearing her niece's answer. It was not like he could ask Tang Shushui for a pair of jade earing when he was technically her junior, but she still looked towards her mom. If she had the backing of her eldest brother, she really didn't have to worry about her marriage. Old Lady Jiang was also thinking the same thing as her daughter and immediately got the message when she saw her daughter's eyes.       

"Suxin how about you get one for your younger sister? She's your younger sister after all." Old Lady Jiang asked but it seemed more like an order.

"I don't have any money." Father Jiang refused flatly.

"You! This is your younger sister how could you be so stingy!" Old Lady Jiang reprimanded with a heavy voice.

"I told you I don't have any money. If you want money then you should ask my daughter-in-law." Father Jiang responded with an expressionless face. He'd rather let his daughter-in-law handle this woman to show him that he does not care about the familial bond between him and that crazy woman, and also because he could go to jail if was disrespectful towards his parent. Tang Shushui had keen senses, so he immediately understood. His father-in-law was telling him he could do whatever he wanted, and in this era, fillial pity was something very important so he couldn't really disrespect his mom.

"You wench! Are telling me you deprive your elders of money?! Suxin is the head of the household so why are you handling the money?!" Old Lady Jiang reprimanded, seemingly forgetting that the family had already been separated from the main family long ago.

"Because I was the one who opened the restaurant and made money." Tang Shushui responded bluntly. He was so blunt that even the surrounding family members were shocked, but Father Jiang and the rest of his family had a subtle smile hanging on their faces.

"You are but a ger, so how could your shame your family like this. To be the head of the family you have to be selfless but your bragging shows that you are not capable of being one." Jiang Tang Bingwen said with a ridiculing voice, his face stern. Everybody including the kids looked at him with admiration when he said that. They nodded their head and thought in their hearts that their little uncle was really worthy of being a scholar.

"Being selfless is not that different from being brave. Just because I'm selfless doesn't mean I will sit here and listen to you uneducated and unethical people. My parents and half of the village are uneducated but you will never hear one of them act like the bunch of wild animals you are. You should know that many people are well educated but are not well mannered, and you the perfect example of that. You sit here and try to educate me, while you're nothing but a hypocrite. You are the head of a household but are you selfless?  Didn't your family cut off several months of healthy food just for you to marry a wife from town? Did you think about you're little nephews and nieces? What they would eat? Or when you're elder brother went missing did you go look for him? No. You sit on your high horse like you're all that when you are not even a Xuicai. So please next time you try and lecture somebody, remember that you did not hesitate to starve your little nephews so you could marry you're ideal bride." Tang Shushui snapped back. He really hated this family.

Hello, lovelies here's an update!

Question of the day.

What is your favorite cartoon?