Shu Ling

Yao Luli of course couldn't say anything, as her son was the one providing the most in their home. Her husband was healing well since her son started working, they had workers to help them out with their farmland, and the Lou family didn't come to bully them anymore, after learning that Tong Donghai was working at the number one restaurant in town. So when her son broke the news of him dropping out of school she was greatly angered but she couldn't say anything really.

It wasn't just Tong Donghai that things were improving for, other employees were seeing many positive changes in their environment. 

Shu Ling, whom her parent sent to get educated instead of selling her off was now repaying her parent very well. Shu Ling was the daughter of the Shu family of Xidi village. Xidi village was famous for its great disrespect toward women. Though in this era women were still frowned upon, Xidi village took it to a whole other level. In Xidi village women are treated like animals with no basic human rights. So when Shu Ling's mother, Jin Niu, gave birth to her, people expected the Shu family to treat her the same. But surprisingly the Shu family doted on this daughter very much. So much that it seemed like they loved their daughter more than their son.

So when their daughter asked them to send her to school, with no hesitation the Shu parent listened to her and sent her to the town school. When this happened, the entire Xidi village laughed at them and sneered at them when they saw them somewhere. But the Shu family continued supporting their daughter and delayed her marriage for her education. 

Shu-Ling had always been comfortable with her parents, so she told her parents that she would drop out the school and was going to work at a restaurant as a fast food chef. The Shu family once again supported their daughter. Shu-Ling had always been sheltered so she didn't know about her parents taking out loans to pay for her education.

When she found out her parents in total owed ten taels, and would two hundred wens a month. She felt bad for her parents and her decision to become an employee at Jiang's diner became firmer. 

After she became an employee at Jiang's diner, she was able to pay off all of her parent's death and send her brother to school. She made sure that her parents would never have to work land anymore. She also made sure that her family's life was improved and of course, the villagers started to notice how well the Shu family looked now. 

At first, they slandered Shu Ling for doing something dirty, and all the villagers believed it and went to tell the village chief to kick the Shu family out of the village. Shu-Ling heard the news and clocked in early and rushed home. That's when they saw Shu Ling decently dressed in a long skirt and a well-designed shirt, with a beautiful butterfly hairpin in her hair. On her shirt was an embroidery of a beautiful letter J.

At first, they were confused to see Shu Ling dressed like this, but the head village chief immediately cried out that Shu Ling was working for Jiang's diner. Some villagers didn't know what was the big deal about Jiang's diner, but when they heard that it was the number one restaurant and town and the owner had many noble connections, hence they cannot afford to offend their employees.

The village chief immediately started buttering up Shu Ling and even mentioned an engagement between his son and Shu-Ling but of course, Shu Ling denied it. After learning that Shu Ling was an employee at the number one restaurant people in the village started looking at her differently. 

Those who used to call the Shu family stupid for sending their daughter to school, could now only lower their heads when they saw the Shu family. Shu-Ling also had some minor impacts on how women are treated in Xidi village. 

Short chap cuz of Wattpad (getting tired of this tbh), will try to update the other half tmr.

Question of the day.

Heat ot Cold