Li Shi Qing

Tang Shushui prepared a little meal for his family once more. The family savored their meal before retiring to their beds. Tang Shushui, on the other hand, was engrossed in his thoughts as he lay on his bed. He didn't have much money left, and he needed to start a salon and a boutique. He hadn't gone to the restaurant in a while, and he also needed to introduce some new menu items.

He usually opened his restaurant at 11:00 a.m. because his employees needed training, but it had been two months since he had done so, so he decided to open it earlier, which would also make sense given his new menu. Tang Shushui quickly dozed off with this in mind.

Tang Shushui awoke at the crack of dawn the next morning. He made rice porridge with pickled vegetables. He also prepared Bento boxes for the children to take to school. When the kids returned home, he observed how hungry they were and inquired. The children confessed to him they didn't like the school's meals and just ate snacks. The school did not provide meals, but because the students in the Xiaohai classes were young, they were unable to purchase food outside of school and could only purchase meals in the schoolyard.

Perhaps it was because of his parents' lack of love and care in his previous life, but he indulged his little in-laws and daughter very much, so he promised to prepare their lunch boxes, even if it meant getting up earlier. The children were pleased and expressed their gratitude to Tang Shushui right away. Tang Shushui grinned as he proceeded to pack the lunchboxes, recalling how happy the children were.

A substantial meal awaited the family when they awoke about an hour later. Haohao prepared the children while the moms set the tables, as Tang Shushui was the one who cooked. They sat at the table and ate breakfast while having a light discussion once they finished what they needed to do.

Their breakfast took them around twenty minutes to finish. Tang Shushui then handed the kids their lunch boxes and organized their backpacks. The kids were overjoyed to receive the lunchboxes, but they preferred to wait until school to open them.

The majority of the family left after finishing their preparations. Only the moms and the Shen family remained at home. Because they were all still a bit malnourished, plus Sister-in-law Shen was expecting and had to care for a newborn, Tang Shushui didn't let the Shen family work much. Because the mother was not offered any work, they just remained at home and embroider. While the husbands went to the farms, Haohao and Tang Shushui went to the restaurant.

When he and Haohao arrived, it was six in the morning. The workers greeted them and awaited directions. Since Li Shi Qing is the manager, Tang Shushui had no commands. Tang Shushui trusted Li Shi Qing with his business since she was always orderly. Li Shi Qing was thankful that her boss trusted her this much, because of him now she can walk with her head high. It wasn't always like this for her, even if she is now respected.

She was from a very poor family and resided in Yaitou village. Her father was the Li family's pampered son. The Li family was never without anything for their kid, even if they were impoverished. Deng Niu, Li Shi Qing's mother, was from an even poorer household than her father, Li Gen. Deng Niu, despite her poverty, was a lovely young lady.

Everything was going well after a year of marriage, and even Mother Li was pleased with her new daughter-in-law. Deng Niu had excellent treatment till she became pregnant and gave birth to a daughter. Despite the fact that Li Gen was disappointed, he did not mistreat Deng Niu, Mother Li was still unhappy, and she even refused to feed the newborn Li Shi Qing at one point. Deng Nui became pregnant twice more throughout the marriage and had two more daughters.

This was the point at which Li Gen's attitude began to shift. He began shouting at her, putting her down, and striking her. Mother Li was the same, and while Father Li didn't do such things, his contempt for his daughter-in-law was palpable. Li Shi Qing and her three sisters would wake up to find their mother had been beaten, her face bloodied and her body black and blue, and they would occasionally find themselves being beaten as well. This carried on until she was twelve years old when her mother was repudiated.