TWINNEM

"Would you prefer waiters or waitresses?" Ming Ji questioned the two young masters.

"Waitresses please." The flirty young man responded,

"Okay, then we will get right with you." Ming Ji said as he bowed politely before going downstairs.

The two young men were already mesmerized by how the restaurant operated but were much more astounded by the venue's decorations. Although they were used to luxury, this type of establishment was new to them.

The young men were Tao Tenfei and Xu Shirong. You could tell they weren't your typical teenagers just by looking at their names. Xu Shirong is the first son of the Xu's, a long-established distinguished noble family located in the capital, and Tao Tenfei is the second son of the Taos, a renowned military family in the capital.

They arrived here to handle certain pressing issues, and they are now done. Tao Tenfei, a free-spirited individual by nature, desired to experience more of this town before leaving. Despite not being the most well-known restaurant, he chose to visit them since they were very hot at the time.

Since it was owned and operated by farmers, he did have some preconceived notions about the establishment, but the owner quickly dispelled them. As opposed to some restaurants, which have a more brothel-like atmosphere, he enjoyed how well-organized and protective they were of their staff. He had not yet tried the cuisine, so he was unable to give them a complete evaluation even though he was happy with the way they handled things.

"I have brought the waitresses for you, sirs." Tao Tengfei was pulled from his thoughts by Ming Ji, who then spoke. He was shocked by the scene that greeted him when he turned around. Two attractive girls caught his attention, and they both had the same appearance. While the other female had a cheery, flirtatious appearance, the other's face appeared rather harsh and stern.

"Hello, I'm Li Shuang!" First to introduce herself, the vivacious waitress beamed.

"I'm Li Guang," The icy waitress adopted a similar position, speaking in a very icy manner. Even Xu Shirong's face displayed some confusion. He has encountered women who put on a frigid front to attract more suitors. However it was a common practice in the noble community, but this girl was actually cold. For the first time, he felt a little curious about a girl.

The Liu twins were a bit well-known in the restaurant. They were the best-paid and most well regarded waitresses in the establishment. Customers adored them, and they frequently received gifts and tips. Despite being treated so well by the customers, they have never been haughty around their employer or the other workers. Actually, they were incredibly appreciative to the boss.

The twins Liu originate from the Shao village. Their mother Xie Zhu, a former courtesan, was married to their father Liu Hong. He went forward with the marriage over his parents' opposition. Although they had a happy marriage, Xie Zhu soon grew to dislike her husband.

She began to despise everything about him, including his poverty and softness. She became pregnant very quickly and gave birth to twins. She didn't want to engage with the twins because they were female. With a cold look, she suggested drowning the infants , Xie Zhu always believed that the two girls were just two more mouths to feed. Liu Hong fiercely opposed and adored the two girls; he worked tirelessly to send them to school, and he treated them better than other people in the village treated their sons.

Since Xie Zhu had a good belly, she became pregnant again after only doing it once in a long time. She attempted to terminate her pregnancy since she was certain the child would be a girl, even with all those attempts it didn't work. When she eventually gave birth, it turned out to be a son. The baby boy ended up being weak since she made numerous attempts to abort her pregnancy. He would get sick very easily, and though she regretted this immensely she still didn't hesitate to abandon her son too.

She eventually devised a strategy to leave her miserable life in the past. The first son of the Xuicai Lin family, Lin Duyi, had been married to Zhu Juan for five years, but they had only had one son to this date. The elders were quite dissatisfied with this, so they decided to implement a second wife. In the village, taking a second wife was quite uncommon, but because Xuicai Lin wielded some degree of authority, he was able to do so for his son.

They searched the village for residents with good fertility, and Xie Zhu was the best match. It was uncommon for someone to have twins in Shao village, where most families only had one or two kids. After learning about Xie Zhu and her husband's strained relationship, Xuicai's Lin family didn't think twice before making the offer to her.

As anticipated, Xie Zhu accepted the offer right away. She invited Xiucai Lin, and pushed her husband to grant her a happy divorce, and proceeded to remarry into the Lin family within a week. In the first month of her marriage, Xie Zhu received good news, and as if heaven was on her side she once again gave birth to twins but this time they were boys. .Although she was now deemed more valuable within the Lin family, she was still unable to exceed the primary wife in terms of status.

Outdoing Zhu Juan was an impossible goal because she had a good family, her husband's love, and a son. But while not being able to match Zhu Juan, Xie Zhu nonetheless led a respectable life. Before the girls started making significant steps, she didn't even think about or care to speak to her older children.

The girls earned a total of five silver taels over the course of two months thanks to their monthly pay of one silver tael and other earnings like tips and presents. They prioritized taking care of the family first, just like Li Shi Qing. They went on a shopping spree and bought enough food to fill both their and their grandparents' homes. Their home was repaired, and two more rooms were added. After the house was rebuilt, they allowed their father and their grandparents to mend their relationship and relocated them into the home.

They cared for their brother, and after receiving proper nutrition for more than two months, their five-year-old younger brother had put on a little weight and his ill-looking face had improved. His striking features were already visible despite his youth. Of course, hearing this news didn't sit well with Xie Zhu, but she dared not speak out for fear of losing her relationship with the Lin family.

With their earnings from the restaurant the girls were able to feed their family good food every day, and because of this people gossiped. They were surprised that the Liu family could eat so well. They were eating mean everyday! The villagers who had no entertainment gossiped about the family everyday, and thus finally came with the conclusion that the Liu family was now the richest family in village, surpassing the Lin family, and of course this irked the Lin family.

People gossiped about the girls since they could afford to feed their family well every day with the money they made from the restaurant. The Liu family's ability to eat so well astounded them. Every day they consumed meat! The Liu family had surpassed the Lin family as the richest family in the village according to the daily talk from the locals who had no other amusement. Of course, this infuriated the always haughty Lin family.

Here's your long-awaited update! I hope you guys have fun reading it! Your gurl is finished with school, but there's summer school now so your gurl is even busier.

Question of the day.

What is your insecurity(ies)