Li Peizhi

Since Tang Shushui gave birth, he had been meticulously taken care of. He barely went out of the house and was fed nutritious food every day. Jiang Yanwei had been mainly responsible for taking care of the twins, so he had eyebags that could carry groceries, but he had never stopped smiling since the day Tang Shushui gave birth. Tang Shushui had tried to get him to rest a little he refused saying that the kids were too little to be away from their father.

The twins were named Mingyue and Mingzhu. Migyue meaning bright moon, and Migzhu meaning bright pearl. Both names were meticulously picked out by Tang Shushui and Jang Yanwei, showing just how much they loved the twins. Every little free time Tang Shushui had was spent in front of the babies' cradles trying to make them laugh. Tang Shushui spent the days in leisure and warmth.

Compared to the warm atmosphere at Tang Shu about a thousand li away, in the capital, the atmosphere was a little awkward. Amidst the crowd, two familiar figures could be seen. The two familiar figures were none other than Tao Tenfei, and Xu Shirong. Today the daughter of the chancellor, Li Peizhi hosted a private get-together for close friends. 

Li Peizhi was a very well-known figure due to her talent in culinary. At just sixteen she had opened a restaurant and it was now the number-one restaurant in the capital. For a female, especially such a young one to achieve this level of success, not only was her family proud but she herself was even more proud and conceited.

So when Tao Tenfei and Xu Shirong came back from their business trips with many new pastries praising them to the heavens, Li Peizhi snorted saying that these pastries were nothing compared to hers. Tao Tenfei and Xu Shirong didn't say anything and just proceeded to show what they bought.

The box they bought contained tarts, cookies, cream puffs, and some sweet red bean pastry. When people saw the foreign-looking pastries and the sweet scent they were emitting they immediately gave face to Tao Tenfei and Xu Shirong and ate the pastries. They only ate it to give face at first, but after one bite they just couldn't stop. When Li Peizhi saw this she could only try it and was shocked.

These pastries were much better than hers, no they were whole different than hers. Compared to this sweet pastry she and her pastries seemed like child's play. She couldn't take it. People from all around the empire came to taste her pastries. She gave the empire, especially the capital a lot of prestige, but now her food just seemed like a joke.

"Where did you get this pastry?" Li Peizhi asked, her voice tinged with anger.

"We got it from the number one restaurant in Qingshi town," Tao Tenfei responded enthusiastically.

Li Peizhi was dealt another blow. A mere town folk could outshine her like this. She swallowed down her shame and asked, "Who owns the restaurant?"

"A ger named Zhaojie Shushui! Not only was he pregnant when he made his restaurant the number one restaurant but it only took him six months. Six months for him to go from a stall owner to the number one restaurant!" Tao Tenfei explained in admiration.

At this point, Li Peizhi wanted to vomit blood but she still asked, "How does his restaurant compare to mine?"

Tao Tenfei wanted to answer and coax her but Xu Shirong was a step ahead and said coldly, "If were to compare side by side you don't stand a chance. From customer service to catering, you're defeated in everything."

That was the final blow for Li Peizhi and she wanted to cry. The man she loved just coldly said that to her how could she not feel sad. Back then Xu Shirong could only eat at her restaurant, but for him to be praising another restaurant like this showed it wasn't just some simple delicious food.

"I want to see this good restaurant!" Li Peizhi said with tears in her eyes.

"Then we can go during the Qingshi Lantern Festival! Don't cry, he's more experienced than you that's why he's better," Tao Tenfei coaxed as he gently patted her head.

"They're the same age," Xu Shirong reminded ruthlessly, causing Li Peizhi to completely break down.

Back in the village Tang Shushui of course did not know what was coming his way, currently, he was making plans for the opening of the boutique he'd been holding out on. The best day to open his boutique and guarantee success was the second day after the Qingshi Lantern. A lot of nobles come to Qingshi to celebrate the lantern festival in hopes of meeting the secretly dressed emperor and his two wives. So if he went to open the boutique on the second day when all the nobles were still there he would make a lot of money. Just the thought of it made him smile.

But his husband was a little on edge about it. Since this place was very backward, even if the woman or ger survived childbirth they could still die if their first month of confinement wasn't meticulous enough, so his husband was a little worried, but he also did not want to make decisions and restrain Tang Shushui, so he was a little awkward.

"Baby, I think you're panicking too much, The Qingshi Lantern Festival won't happen for another for another month, and I'm already two weeks and a half into my confinement, so I'll be fine." Tang Shushui coaxed.

"I know that too, I just love you too much to see you sick you know?" Jiang Yanwei confessed.

"Baby..." Tang Shushui whispered as he leaned in, but the romantic moment soon ended with the cry of the baby, which was soon followed by another causing the couple to laugh.

"I'll go get them," Tang Shushui said, as he tried to get out of bed but was soon stopped.

"I got it, honey, just go back to sleep okay," Jiang Yanwei gently said, as he laid him down on the bed.

"Okay, okay," Tang Shushui conceded. Ever since he got pregnant and gave birth he was so spoiled that they would not even let him do anything at home. But it made him feel good to know that they were doing it out of care for him. He really wished the future day would be just as leisurely.

Hi guysssss! I know, I know very veryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy late update! I'm in my last year of high school so I barely have any time to do anything else but homework! But news for TOAA readers is that this book will probably go under heavy editing. As I was re-reading the story I noticed some plotholes and other stuff that needs fixing. But enjoy the update!