Breakfast and Talks

Tang's Pov

The light of dawn seeped into the room. I rubbed my bleary eyes and walked to the earthen window. There was a pearly glow in the sky. Then I remembered today is a new day in my new world. A world I can be myself, a world where I have both love and support. I truly don't want to remember the past and reminisce about it, but when you were scarred by the people you trust the most and ended dying without none of the people you worked hard for, but your Bestfriend, and the son that was not even yours, it hurts.

I shook my head before I made haste to the kitchen to cook a simple breakfast for the family then take off the town. I took warm water, flour and yeast then stirred them together, after a little stirring I put green onions, sesame oil. I stirred the dough until it hardened then I kneaded the dough until it was soft and elastic. I then lightly coat the inside of the bowl with oil and return the dough to the bowl, after that I Cover the bowl with a clean towel and allow it to rest for 1 hour or until doubled in size, then I proceed to fry it. After the one-hour wait, everybody started waking up and went to clean themselves up.

After everybody cleaned up they found flatbread and a cup of soy milk waiting for them on the table. The little in-laws ate with relish, But Qui Liu looked hesitant. I mean I can't blame her, as a child she's been through a lot. When she was born her mom tried to drown her in a river because she was a girl, and her mom couldn't afford to raise her. Her uncle stopped her mother, and it wasn't because he was a good person but because he wanted to sell her, so he raised her to sell her for a good price. But just last year he talked back to the yamen when he was in town, and one thing people in ancient China valued was ranks. He was a villager and the man was part of the yamen, so it was normal that he had an 'accident' two days later.

The uncle's house and the little food that was in it was the only thing the little girl had, but that didn't last long before the mother came and took the house and pushed her out. Since then she had been sleeping in the animal shed, and sometimes even ate with the animals it was truly tragic. When I had learned about her I talked to my husband about it and he agreed that we could take her in, but it took the mothers a little convincing before they agreed.

"Husband, Lingyun, me and Haohao will have to first to see if we can find an empty stall so we can set up for our fishballs," I said to My husband and Zheng Lingyun.

"Okay, me and Linyun will go to the farm and work." He says as he nodded solemnly.

"I know you want to start a business Tang'er, but you don't have to rush okay? We already have enough to eat and we're happy with that." says my mother worriedly, I mean I get her worries. The original owner was easy to manipulate, he had a high IQ but low EQ. Plus with that beautiful face of his in town, he would be the rich lords' target. With the previous emperor's reign, rich lords would steal people's wives if they were beautiful and their main target was the villager's wives. But I guess the current emperor heard too many complaints and passed a royal decree that stealing peoples' wives no matter your rank was illegal and you will be punished. Even though the situation improved a lot since the decree, it doesn't mean they stopped. Women aren't respected in this era, then what about the Gers? They face the most discrimination in this era. So even when they are married to their husband they can get sold to rich lords and merchants on a whim by their husbands.

"I know Ma, I'll be careful," I said as I got up from the table, "Husband I made rice and vegetables for you and Linyun you just have to heat it up and eat since me and Haohao will not be here. Mother-in-law, can you please take measurements of the kids so I can make clothes for them." I said giving instructions to them, my little in-laws looked at me as if I was from Mars, and then finally Jiang Chaoxiang finally spoke.

"No offense big sister-in-law but with what are you going to buy the cloth for us to make clothes?" he asked. Even though he said the offense the heavy sarcastic tone made it hard not to.

"Watch your tone when you speak to your big sister-in-law." Jiang Yanwei's stern tone came from the other side of the table.

"Watch my tone? Even though I respect you Big bro it doesn't mean that your stupid wife also deserves my respect." He said while glaring at his bother with a hurtful expression, holding back the tears in his eyes.

"This stupid wife of mine wakes up at six in the morning every day to cook for you, this stupid wife of mine feeds you, washes your clothes, helps you bathe, but have you ever said thank you? My wife has done some hurtful things, but he's trying his hardest to make up for them but you not seeing that because you're so stuck in the past." My husband responded. WOW! That was the longest sentence I ever heard him say, and he said it to stand up for me.

"Husband it's fine, I understand him I mean I don't expect him to forgive me for all the things I did to him in just two weeks ok? It's hard to accept the fact that I changed and I get that." I told him as I smiled sheepishly. I truly get Chaoxiang When I first learned that I died trying my hardest for my past family and transmigrated into this world, I was scared and did not accept it. I mean why would God or whoever it is put ME a modern person in ancient times. So the first thing I did when I woke up was to go back to bed and sleep so I could go to heaven or for god to me a second chance at my old life instead of making me start all over again.

Then, I realized that this was a blessing actually. I got transmigrated somewhere I can love men openly, have kids, get married to someone I actually like, get the parental love that I desperately wanted, and even may experience romance first hand. I don't have to kill, I don't have to lie, and I don't have to live a double life, after seeing it all from a bright side I came to accept the fact that I transmigrated in ancient times.