Birthday Party

After a happy day came a busy day. Today was the day Bai Feng Jiu's daughter would be hosted at the restaurant and she had reserved a considerable amount of tables. From what Tang Shushui knew, Bai Feng Jiu was planning on inviting some people from the capital, and that was a good opportunity to expand his circle of clients and maybe bring his food to the capital.

Early in the morning, Tang Shushui, Haohao, and Jiang Yanwei made their way to the restaurant. For today, Tang Shushui would take the place of the chef and cook all the food needed for the party. Haohao and Li Shi Qing were in charge of decorations, while Jiang Yanwei would do the heavy work. 

Since eight in the morning, Tang Shushui has been cooking in the kitchen. The kitchen staff could barely stop their drooling seeing the variety of dishes that took their boss about four hours to cook. The dishes were very colorful, from the braised pork to the pot of birthday noodles. The sight was a sight to behold, and the aroma flooded the kitchen. 

It took another hour to finish cooking the side dishes. And he then moved on to baking, which was a whole other challenge in this ancient time, but he had already gathered everything he needed from the system and only needed to bake. After two hours the cake was baked, and he moved on to the other deserts, and it took another two hours to finish them. As he wrapped up everything in the kitchen, the birthday girl, her family, and invited people started coming.

Tang Shushui went to take a shower to take off the greasy smell and changed his clothes to a light pink Ao Dai. The Ao Dai was traditional Vietnamese female clothing. It was one of the products he planned to sell in his store. He also liked wearing the Ao Dai because it was lighter and easier to move with than the Hanfu. Plus, he think the Ao Dai would be very successful since it was conservative but easy and light to move with. 

He put his hair into a simple bun and stuck hairpins, that were from his store into his hair. He then put on some light makeup and finished off the look with a pair of flats which he of course got from his store. After he finished, he peeped outside and saw the atmosphere was good and that it was a good time to bring out the food. He had to say though, Haohao and Li Shi Qing really did a good job with the decorations.

The was a big cut-out banner that spelled 'Happy Birthday Zhong Yunru', and there were many cut-out bunnies that were painted yellow. There was a little sea of yellow roses, the yellow balloons were hung everywhere, and peach decorations couldn't be ignored either. The kids looked fascinated by the setup, while the adults clearly looked interested.

Tang Shushu gave a look to the servers who were entertaining them and one of them immediately announced that the food would be served now. Seeing that the server announced it, he started pushing out the food cart. When Bai Feng Jiu saw him, she greeted him happily which showed just how satisfied she was with the setup.

When the people saw who was Tang Shushui they were shocked by his beauty but after their initial surprise a condescending look made its way onto their faces and Tang Shushui could feel it. He knew that most of these people here were rich nobles and some of them were directly above Bai Feng Jiu. He felt especially hostile from the Old Lady and middle-aged lady that sat next to Bai Feng Jiu and from what he knew from all his research one was the mother of the Minister Of War and the other one was his wife, and the Minister Of War was the direct boss of Bai Feng Jiu's husband Zhong Lei. These people were big shots, and they were the biggest shots he had ever had in his restaurant, so no matter how he was looked down upon he would take it graciously.

Contrary to his wife and mother the Minister Of War had an amicable look on his face as he looked fondly toward Zhong Yunru. Which made Tang Shushui finally look at the main character of today. Zhong Yunru was wearing a light yellow hanfu, with a cute pair of white hair ribbons to match. She was very pretty with her straight eyebrows, straight nose, heart-shaped lips, and her chubby cheeks. The girl had a very lovable look. After making his observation he decided to introduce himself.

"Hello! My name is Zhangjie Shushui and I am the owner of this restaurant," Tang Shushui introduced as he bowed.

"No need to be so polite, it must have taken you a lot of time to prepare all of this. Yun'er loves it!" Zhong Lei said with a laugh.

Tang Shushui gave a polite smile before serving the food and immediately attracted the attention of the people at the table. They were shocked by how well the food was prepared, and how good it smelled. They had to admit that the look of the food alone could rival that of the restaurant in the capital.  Seeing the shocked look on the faces of the nobles, Bai Feng Jiu once again felt like he made the right choice choosing Tang Shushui's restaurant.

"Well, at least it looks good," The old lady snorted before she picked up her chopsticks and took a bite of the braised pork. Seeing that the highest-ranking person ate, everybody followed suit and picked up their chopsticks and ate too.

After the first bite of pork, there was a moment of silence before they all turned to look at Tang Shushui who currently had a polite smile on his face. The Old Lady felt like she was slapped fiercely but the food was too good to stop. Even the birthday girl found it impossible to stop eating, and for while all people heard was the sound of chopsticks clinking against the plates of food.

Hello guys! I mentioned the Ao Dai in my story and I don't really know a lot about it since I only did a little bit of research. So if anything is inaccurate please let me know and I will fix it.