Warmth

After making sure that the kids are asleep he went to check on the condition of his father-in-law, when he got inside the room which they put his father-in-law to rest he saw the worried look on their faces, and he assured them that father-in-law was going to be fine and then he looked at his father-in-law's bony body and went into the kitchen.

Father-in-law has been badly injured so he can't feed him thick food but he also can't feed them watery food because he hadn't eaten for a long time and has been starved. So he finally decided to cook porridge. He took out four jins of the rice that has been soaking in the big bucket in his space, he might as well cook for tomorrow thought Shushi.

He put a pot of water on the stove and started mincing up carrots, green onions, and potatoes, he then added the minced vegetables in the pot of water, he then added chicken favored seasoning that he got from his space, the aroma escaped from the kitchen and made it's way to the dining room where the adults were currently sitting and they couldn't help but gulp.

He then added the Jasmine rice in the pot which was way less than the water in the pot. After one hour the porridge was finally ready, he served his father-in-law's food first since the braised pork he cooked when the porridge was still boiling was too heavy for his father-in-law with his current situation. 

He then went to the dining room with a tray of seven bowls, and served the ones who were sitting one by one, he then offered to feed his father-in-law and his mother-in-law agreed because she currently wasn't in the right state of mind.

When he got to the room he saw his father-in-law with his eyes half-open staring blankly at the ceiling as if this was all a dream, he soon snapped out of his dazed state when he heard me talk.

"Father-in-law I've brought you food," I said softly.

"Hmmm," He responded and then eyed the cup of water on the cabinet next to his head and I immediately took the water and helped him drink some, and he drank with relish.

I told him it was time to eat and I swore I saw his eyes sparkling despite the stoic face he had on. Pushing these thoughts to the back of my mind I took the spoon and started feeding my father-in-law and you could see his eyes brimming with tears. Even though he hadn't told us what happened we already know he suffered a lot based on his condition alone.

Right after being fed the exhausted father-in-law dozed of feeling his pain subsiding, and that was all due to the spring water that was added to the porridge and also the rice was soaked in it before being cooked.

When he went to the dining room he told the rest how father-in-law was doing, and they all ate and went to bed.

"Thank you, wife." He said

"It's really nothing, honey!" He smiled as he brushed his stoic-faced husband off.

Since Tang Shushui was already 3 and a half months pregnant his belly had a slight almost unnoticeable bump, but his belly was well rounded. Suddenly Jiang Yanwei slipped his hand under his nightgown and started rubbing his belly gently.  Tang Shushui was surprised, even though from the original owner's memories he knew that Jiang Yanwei loved his baby very much, Jiang Yanwei never really showed he cared since he transmigrated. Maybe it was because he didn't want to make me emotional because it could harm the baby and the body's original owner was very emotional every time he saw this husband of his.

"Do you have any pain?" He asked, the older man has heard that it was very difficult for gers to conceive children, and both pregnancy and labor were very difficult for gers.

"No husband, if I had any pain during my trimester I would go to the physician because that would be signs of a potential miscarriage," He said with a low tone and a voice full of gentleness, so gentle it makes you feel as though you're seating on clouds.

                                                                        Jiang Yanwei's pov

I never knew he could look like that, so gentle, and caring, patient. Those are all things he didn't have before, things he was the most lacking in, but now he had this motherly and gentle aura around him. To be honest growing up with his dad, he never had the mindset of wife obeys husband or whatever since his dad indulged his mom so much and his mom was practically the boss of the house. So when the incident happened and his dad vanished, he was heartbroken but he did not have time to be heartbroken. He needed to take care of a household of 5 and was in need of money.

He worked and exhausted himself every day so his mom felt guilty for not letting him, her eldest son live a good life, so she took out 3 silvers from her almost ending dowry and gave them to him so he could marry a bride, and the Tangs matched his expectations. He took his wife with the idea of forming a friendship since his wife was suffering a heartbreak at that time and probably wasn't ready for a relationship yet.

But his wife only thought of himself and not the others, he thought how he wasn't able to marry the man he loved and also the man who ruthlessly abandoned him not seeing that he was the one helping him and feeding him. He was busy loathing the baby and his husband that he forgot that it was the despicable family of his that he loved so much that drugged him, he was crying over not having more clothes while not seeing that his husband even took his mother-in-law in causing the food to be even more scarce.

But after the day he woke up from his coma, he's been nothing but a loving, understanding, smart, and patient wife. He always tried to deny the fact that he liked his wife, but seeing others looking at him makes him jealous, seeing work so hard makes him feel ashamed for not being able to feed his wife properly. This wife of his has melted his heart and slowly made his way into his heart bit by bit without him knowing.

He looked at his beautiful wife that has already fallen asleep in his arms probably from the exhausting day, and slowly sat up and kissed his forehead. He laid back down holding his wife more tightly and slowly fell asleep filled with warmth.

Hey, Lovelies! Here's an update and please check out my other book!

Have a lovely night or day!

Love you!